Dear Dad | Teen Ink

Dear Dad

By Divinaskisses SILVER, American Fork, Utah
Divinaskisses SILVER, American Fork, Utah

1) "The deeper you sink the higher you'll soar" ~unknown
2) "Belive you can fly and no one can hold you down." ~unknown
3) "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss." ~unknown

Dear Dad,
I'm really not sure what to say here, I just know I've got to say it. I'm really sorry you hate me. I never tried to do anything to make you angry or hurt your feelings. Please don't think I'm some crazy teenager out looking for revenge on her absent father. I'm not mad, in fact I actually care about you alot. I know you regret giving me the only thing you ever gave me (A.K.A. life) but I would like to ask you to give me one more thing. I'm not asking for you to be my dad, take any responsibility for me or anything like that. I know you don't want anything to do with me and that my existence is something you constantly try to forget, but I really need something from you. I don't want much, I just want you to talk to me. I know I'm not really a part of your life but you've been a huge part of mine. I think about you almost every day and cry about you most of those days. I know I don't mean anything to you, but you mean alot to me, so please just talk to me. Even if all you say is that you hate me and wish I was never born I still want to hear from you. I just want to feel like at least I was important enough for you to talk to. I know what I'm asking is stupid and your probably wondering why it matters so much to me. The truth is, I don't know why I care so much, believe me I have been trying to stop caring for a long time, but I can't. Please talk to me. I don't want your money or anything. I'm not even asking you to spend much time on me, although it would be nice to get to know my own dad. Whatever you decide (whether its to get to know me or to convince everyone on your face book to block me) could you please tell me yourself? I don't want to hear it from someone else like last time. The first and last time I tried to get a hold of you was one of the worst moments of my life. Not only did you ignore me, but you didn't even care enough to write to me explaining why. Instead you had your sister send me a long message about how you wanted nothing to do with me. Like I said before, whatever you choose, please tell me yourself. All my life I have wished that one day you would change your mind. When I was younger, I hoped and dreamed that you would find me and want to get know me. So I'm sorry if I was inconsiderate when I sent you and all your family a message a few years ago. Please believe I had no intention of hurting you or making you mad. I was just so excited that I had finally found my dad. Whatever I did to make you hate me so much I'm really sorry, but please just talk to me. Its all I've ever wanted.
Sincerely,
Your Illegitimate Daughter Divina

I have never known my dad and I have no way of contacting him since I tried a few years ago. I wrote this pretending that I was writing to him.