More Than Myself | Teen Ink

More Than Myself

By lillady17 BRONZE, Jaxsonville, Florida
lillady17 BRONZE, Jaxsonville, Florida

" Good friends we've had... Oh, good friends we've lost alonf the way. In this great future you can't forget your past. So Dry your tears I say. No woman! no cry!" > Bob Marley.

In the mirror she sees a face, A look of sadness and disgrace. Eyes blue like the moon... behind them a story to tell.Of the night that she fell.
Not out of a tree or of of a bridge, or from the top of a building... Now won't that make you cringe?
Not from a plane... where her falling is free.
But how her heart fell for
An alien no doubt.
Different then the others that came about.
funny, beautiful, charming and smart.
She gave her everything... even her heart.
As time passed she began to see..
Through a vail hidden behind.
She didn't want to believe...
That this beautiful creation made special for her.
Would tear her apart... and leave with no cure.
In this mirror sitting up on her shelf...
She stared at her reflection.
"I love more.. Than Myself."

This poem is about a time when I felt like I wanted to find out who I truly was. I wanted to break open and really and truly find out what my purpose in life was. All I was seeing at the time was all the things I had done in my past that were past mistakes, and I believed that those mistakes made me who I am. At the end It says, " I love more than myself." This is a twist in the poem. Throughout the poem the girl feels down, depressed, almost like she has no purpose. But when she says at the end " I love more than myself.' It's a line of encouragement that she needs to think more of herself then she does. If you get what I'm saying.