My pen and paper | Teen Ink

My pen and paper

If all I had was my pen and my paper I’d be happy. If I didn’t have you I could write all day and I wouldn’t have to put up with you’re judgment. Everyone has there own opinion of me, but when do I get to choose? When can I live my own life? If all I had was my pen and paper I’d tell you how much you hurt me, but you would never get it because I’d hide it under my bed. I would write a fairytale and act it out in my life; I’d take all my books and re-write happy endings. But you would never know because I would hide them all. If all I had was my pen and paper I’d write a biography and leave out all the pain, maybe I’d leave you out too! If all I had was my pen and my paper I’d show you that I am better then you think I am. I’d show you I could make a difference. I’d show you that I could rise from the ashes a new me. I’d show you that no matter how many times you try and stomp me out I will bring myself back. I’d show you that I am better then anything you could ever be, because you put you’re heart and soul into me. And it’s made me hard.
If all I had was my pen and my paper I’d tell you all this someday!