Bigger than this

I look around, everything is okay
I see the world in a special kind of way
I notice the trees in the morning breeze
And I realise, this isn't me

I know what you’ll say
But I'm bigger than this
And I’ll find myself someday
So, I’m just going to hold on and on

I see you laugh, I see you smile
And all I do is run a mile
I’m too big for here
I want to be somewhere else today

So just believe me, just believe IN me,
I will go and maybe be
Who I am inside
And maybe just maybe, it will work

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is very good. It definitely made me think, but once I got it, I was like... wow! Beautiful! :)

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
thanks :) i'm happy you got it and that you liked it!

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This has great imagery and made me think a little bit. Like, made me try to stand in your shoes so I could experience this perspective :) I liked it.

thanks :) this poem was the first poem i ever wrote and well, its what i feel most days, so i'm glad you liked it!

CharlesDickens said...
Another one of the greats by Hazel-daisy!  beautiful wordworks here!

thank you, this was the first poem i ever wrote and this is really what got me started on writing. I'm really happy that you (and others) liked it, means a lot especially because i have improved a lot (well sort of anyway!!!)

timeformetofly7 said...
oh my gosh, that was Amazinggg! :) i love it all :))))) Great work ^^

SpringRayyn said...
I love how you ended it, it shows hope.

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
thanks for all the comments!!

Ellawind said...
This flows really nicely, and yes, it is relatable. I like the subject, it's happy.

Kbuschan said...
it shows confidence and sincerity,  very nicee :)

OriginalCarbonation said...
Jan. 2, 2011 at 12:58 am

i really enjoyed reading this poem! it was relatable, uplifting, well-worded...why isnt this in the magazine again? lol but seriously!

the only thing that seemed to stick out as less than perfect was how "in" was capitalized in the last stanza - it just lended a less professional tone to the poem than was present in all the rest. ah well, I really really really like this poem. (and i see you are from Dublin! thats really cool! I like to see that people everyone feel the same things, as... (more »)

Jan. 2, 2011 at 7:48 am
thanks!! i understand what you mean about the ''IN'' thanks i'll think about stuff like that more in the future!!

AsIAm This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like it!  The thought is very coherent, the idea is amazing, and the poem is very relatable. :)  The only thing I would work on is the rythme - it seems a bit off (but that may just be me lol).  Overall, great job! :D