The Lost Generation This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Oh why have we settled in the unquiet darkness,
where the noise of the silence overwhelms our hearts?
And we fall apart –
the sun sets and it rises –
we make shapes of ourselves no one can see.
Oh why are we lost in these tears
if we’ve forgotten how to cry?
If absence makes the heart grow fonder
can we hold on much longer?
We are burning in a drought of faith,
unnoticing as the stars are earnestly shining,
desperately bleeding light.
Oh how ironically hopeless
is every star’s forgotten fight,
for we are just uselessly drowning
under the weight,
under the honesty of the unspoken.
Oh the noise of the silence overwhelms our hearts.
I believe we are skillfully crafted
inexplicable accidents,
and our hero – the potter –
is too late.

DesmineRobinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 11 at 7:22 pm
This is awesome! Awesomely written as well. What inspired this?

loveable-peach said...
Jun. 11 at 12:52 pm
I really liked your poem but I can relate to it....I have cancer and its really painfull to go throw these tuff times

KatyainiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 20 at 5:40 am
Just Beautiful....... loved the sad strain of your poem. It's painful yet breath taking.

ChloeSill said...
Apr. 28 at 11:35 pm
so beautiful made me tear up

Sonic-BoomThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 21 at 10:07 pm
So beautiful, i love it

Thefanatasticagirlie101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 8 at 6:54 pm
That is very astonishing, that I'm a loss for words. Could you rate/comment and tell me what I should do better on my articles. It would really appreciate me.

Enigmapleet said...
Nov. 25, 2014 at 9:42 am
noise of the silence........grt usage grt work  

maddi16 said...
this poem is tragically beautiful in its own despairing way.

KaykayMarie said...
This was absolutely amazing! Just beautiful. But also it was very sad to me the way I depicted it. But beautiful nonetheless.

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is absolutely beautiful and breath-taking! I love it. I am glad this has been published. ^_^ Congarts, my friend. Also, I'm not sure if you are, but are you talking about God a little? Because if you are, I don't He is too late. He is never too late. ^_^ I just wanted to say. Thank you for sharing this!

SonaliTW said...
nice poem please chcek out my work

ashlynn17 said...
Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:42 am
The poem was beautiful!I enjoyed the Greek mythology interperted in to it. :)

HellishRequiem This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i dont know, i would think it is referring to god in a vague way, not a certain religious figure

jakefromstatefarm said...
Feb. 12, 2014 at 10:25 am
agree

meowkitty69 said...
Feb. 12, 2014 at 10:23 am
no just no

BeanzoinalinThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Congrats on getting published

OnyxBean2019This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I LOVE THIS POEM!!! It is beautiful! (I like the potter statement)  :)

Alycia L. said...
Overall the entire poem is just beautiful. I love the metaphors used (also, a few key phrases like "bleeding light" and "settled in unquiet darkness" stood out to me). Well done.

Mr._Poetry said...
wow! I like how the author kinda related to greek mythology of how human were created. this poem leave me thinking If that is our case right now, if we are being weigh down by our last generation.

estucker1998 said...
Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:36 am
LOVED this! Especially the last verse "inexplicable accidents, and our hero- the potter- is too late" Perfect :)