I came here with hopes and dreams | Teen Ink

I came here with hopes and dreams

I came here with hopes and dreams Of having the chance to be redeemed But oh, it's not so I thought I'd finally found the place Where I'd be fine at my own pace But oh, It's not so I thought it all would change from here I'd meet new people without fear I'd pass them by And wave a "hi" But they don't respond and I don't blame them How should they know there's a heart behind the Lonely Girl Quiet, gawky, easy to mock She's just awkward Not the type you think about Attention comes to those who shout And that's just not me I guess I'll always be The Lonely Girl The Lonely Girl I watch them so attentively Wishing that it was me But oh, It's not so They talk, they laugh, they intervine Inclusion would be so serene But oh, It's not so How much longer will it be? 'Til one of them will notice me I am I fool? Do i not count? How much does it cost? Whats the amount? To break the chains that bind me as the Lonely Girl Pass her over like a clover in a field Ordinary as anything What luck could she ever bring? How are they not sure My leaf counts not four Because I'm the Lonely Girl The Lonely Girl I may not have experience I may not be the works But my loyalty is undying When a shadow lurks I may not be a gabber I may not be a flirt But one and all should know they'll never be hurt By the Lonely Girl Loving, caring, sometimes daring When it matters I'll navigate through the fire Even when it's down to the wire I'll always be there For those who care About the Lonely Girl The Lonely Girl Am i just? The Lonely Girl The Lonely Girl Can't you see? I'm the Lonely Girl The Lonely girl