Erased

Where do words go when they get erased?
Do they go to some secret and faraway place?
Or go into your eraser- is that what they do?
Waiting patiently there to be born anew?
Do they climb up your body, and back into your brain?
Do they just fall off of your paper, with patters like rain?
Do they hide under desks, make homes under chairs,
Do they sneak into your clothes through your rips and tears?
Do they fly into the sky, float off all about,
Til they find a new pencil from which to come out?
Are they stored by some person, in boxes, on shelves?
Well I guess we’ll never know,
Until that day comes,
When we get erased ourselves.

Countrylife4 said...
Dec. 8, 2011 at 8:30 am:
That was amazing!! Keep writing :D

liv.laf.love13 said...
about something so simple but comes out so beautiful u r an awesome writer you sould create a book of your own poems!!!!!!!!!

crubs3This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 19, 2010 at 12:38 pm :
Thanks so much!!!

shocking. said...
this is great!

Aug. 16, 2010 at 6:37 pm :
Thanks so mcuh!!!

jkelsey said...

love it :)

Aug. 10, 2010 at 3:17 pm :
Thankyou!!!!

naliba said...
very fun and interesting! loved it! 

Aug. 10, 2010 at 3:17 pm :
Thanks so much!!!

SealedWithBlood said...

AMAZING

i luv it :D

Aug. 10, 2010 at 3:16 pm :
Thanks so much!!!

Triss said...
Wow,, This is truely amazing:) I love this poem soo much. You are an amzingly talented writer, keep it up :D

Aug. 8, 2010 at 4:29 pm :
Thankyou!!!!

bluemagnet22 said...
Wow so amazing! The words just all flow so perfectly together! Check out my work sometime?

Aug. 5, 2010 at 1:49 pm :
Thanks so mcuh!!! i will!!!!!

skatergirl13 said...
Aug. 5, 2010 at 3:05 am:
this is really good

Aug. 5, 2010 at 1:48 pm :
Thanks!!     

Miseltoe said...
Jul. 31, 2010 at 5:23 pm:
its a great poem. I think half of the best stuff i wrote was when i was young but then i lost it lol. great job

Jul. 31, 2010 at 10:41 pm :
haha thanks!

WritingLoverForeverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 30, 2010 at 2:22 pm:
Wow. Just wow. This is so amazing. Seriously, I'm in love with this. You have such talent for writing. If you want, could you check out some of my work too? And please keep writing, you're really good.