Cordelia A Love Song

Cordelia like bamboo
Was slender and
Blossomed beautiful.

Her eyes were blue lagoons
Dripping grace from her face.
Billy drowned in the watery gaze
Her beauty was so unintentional.
And they were swans sleeping
On oceans warm and billowing

Billy told her "For you, my heart forgave it's wounds."
For you my heart forgave it's wounds.

Billy with Cordelia, through whispering forests
In sabotaging galoshes
And quadrilateral lanterns.
Nature and brambles
And blue lagoon gazes
Cordelia: lavender and mosses.

In the grass Billy sings...sings...sings

If I could I would take every tree, and dip them in the curdling sea.
And with ever chance I got I'd write my sentiments for you on the sky.
Walk outside. Breath in deep, and look on high
Read what I write believe it too. Because what I write is how I feel for you... Cordelia!

For you, my heart forgave it's wounds.
For you, my heart forgave it's wounds.

DreamWriter15 said...
Jun. 18, 2010 at 11:22 pm:
This is lovely!  So sad yet smooth and rhythmic, bittersweet.  I can see a green-gray forest awaking from winter's chills with the touches of newborn blossoms.....I love it.

timevampire This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 19, 2010 at 11:23 am :

Thanks. This is like the fifth poem in a long story poem I wrote. I might put some of the other ones on here some time.

If you want to hear more about Billy and Cordelia?

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jun. 19, 2010 at 1:24 pm :
...sure, I'd like to hear more, though I've never heard of an on-going poem-story....it sounds very interesting, but I love the way you did this one, like a song, but a thought process, making it more realistic and artistic at the same time.

Jun. 22, 2010 at 1:12 pm :
It's Weird that you said "like a song" I came up with it when playing my guitar. I just started saying stuff and the story came to me.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jun. 25, 2010 at 3:57 pm :
Well, then, there ya go, it's a song!

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 27, 2010 at 8:47 pm:
5 stars captain.

May 27, 2010 at 8:46 pm:

"billy drowned in the watery gaze","I'd write my sentiments for you in the sky","my heart forgave its wounds"...yep here we go captain, here we go...............

its been like 13 years since we last alked...I can see youre still doing your dance.

May 28, 2010 at 12:01 pm :

Thanks! This is just one of like ten poems I've been writing about cordelia and billy but the rest aren't done yet soo....... Yeah it's been forever hahaha... you been writing anything amazing latey ?

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 28, 2010 at 12:07 pm :
"when these wounds fail",-its dedicated to you, my friend. its the one I told you about. i might write you another one though. i'll tell when that one goes up.