What is Love? | Teen Ink

What is Love?

By jesusfreak17 SILVER, Winslow, Maine
jesusfreak17 SILVER, Winslow, Maine

"Tears are words from the heart that can't be spoken."- Unknown
"Anyone can make you smile or cry, but it takes someone special to make you smile when you already have tears in your eyes."- Unknown

Love is the way I smile when I hear your voice.
Love is the way I struggle to catch my breath whenyou enter the room.
Love is the way my heart pounds in my chest at the mention of your name.
Love is the way my eyes sparkle when I am with you.
Love is the way I miss you when I haven't seen you in just a couple hours.
Love is the way I want to spend every minute with you.
Love is the way I say silly things just to see you smile.
Love is the way I would do anything to make you happy even if it meant sacrificing my own happiness.
Love is the way I feel about you.

This is a poem that I wrote for my boyfriend but haven't given it to him. I don't know if I want to or not. I want him to know how I feel but at the same time I won't want to scare him off.

Sarbear GOLD said...
on Apr. 9 2010 at 4:22 pm
Sarbear GOLD, Milan, Ohio

--Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes.
--When life gives you lemons, squirt them in people's eyes.

i definately believe you. i can tell by how moving your poem is. this is really great--make sure you keep writing :)

on Apr. 8 2010 at 12:00 pm
jesusfreak17 SILVER, Winslow, Maine

Thank you so much. I do love him more than anything in the world. I don't know what I would do without him. He is my whole world. It probably doesn't sound true and people are probably thinking it's just a phase because people don't believe you can be in love at 17 but you can.

Sarbear GOLD said...
on Apr. 1 2010 at 8:42 pm
Sarbear GOLD, Milan, Ohio

im so happy for you! b4 i saw your comment about how you plan on getting married, i was going to tell you to definately give it to him! if my loved one wrote something beautiful like that for me, i would be overjoyed. this poem is simple, but i feel the love you feel for him. your talented. check out my work too :)

on Jan. 27 2010 at 4:13 pm
jesusfreak17 SILVER, Winslow, Maine

Just to keep u guys updated. i decided to give the poem to my boyfriend and he loved it! We are now talking about getting engaged in either november or december of this year.