Homelessness This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

My home can be

everywhere

or nowhere.

My daily meals

consist

of anything or

nothing.

My knick-knacks

and baubles

are the clothes

I

wear.

My money

is

only what

others

give me.

I am a being.

I am human.

I am homeless.

If only people

could see

where I stand.

and

help me

through

this all.

Will this loneliness

ever end?

Will I begin

a

new life?

Does

anyone

care?

Because

I

am here.

I

am

real.

I

cannot

be ignored.

I am a person.

I am alive.

And...

I am homeless. n

TuffGurl said...
Jul. 16, 2010 at 10:54 am:
this is a good poem. are u homeless, tho? i am thinking not if you have access to a computer. or u could've mailed it in... oh, now i'm confused! but this is a cool poem, very sad. 

MercedesXO said...
Jul. 16, 2010 at 9:10 am:

this is so sad:( is it true? if so i'm sorry and i wish i could be there for you. keep your head up and fight for yourself, because in the end..thats sumtimes all we have

:( stay strong and this was beautiful:)

id love for you to view my work and see what you think.

and i'll say a prayer for you and keep you in my thoughts. great writing!

Poetgirl101 said...
Jun. 24, 2010 at 10:46 pm:
This is a beautiful poem

Aelita said...
Jun. 24, 2010 at 9:19 pm:
Are you really homeless?  I am very sorry to hear that!  The poem was great.  Maybe you could sell your poems for money, then you could eat. 

beautifulworld said...
Jun. 24, 2010 at 1:33 am:
Incredible, I love the way you separated each line, putting emphasis on just the right words, keep up the good work. And If you get a chance check out some of my work.

Jasmine said...
Jun. 12, 2010 at 3:42 pm:
this poem is beautiful i think it is wonderful because i was once homeless too yuo captured every detail i felt when i was homeless

brax34 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 7, 2010 at 11:28 am:
sad, i liked the way you wrote it, it expresses how stop and go your life is, and how you write when you can

lovealways said...
Jun. 2, 2010 at 9:36 pm:
this is really good and got me thinking. everything about it was done great. keep writing(: 

Controtic92 said...
Jun. 2, 2010 at 1:06 pm:
it tells pain and strugle but just being

bkcrider92 said...
Jun. 2, 2010 at 10:47 am:
This is really great! so much emotion! If you get a chance can you check out my poem Memories and comment and rate it? I would love your feedback <3

wicked This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 19, 2010 at 8:43 pm:
This is really good! i like the emphasis by setting apart the "i" in places, but i think some lines are too long for the shortness of the rest. but it is great at conveying emtion! great job!

treegirl93 said...
May 11, 2010 at 5:48 pm:
I really think this is eye opening for some people who forget that the person laying on the sidewalk or lives in a shelter is a person, has feelings, and deserves respect and dignity.

treegirl93 replied...
May 11, 2010 at 5:50 pm :
This really is amazing. I can feel the emotion seping from this poem. Simply incedible.

AngelicRocker This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 11, 2010 at 4:12 pm:
This poem is so beautiful!  I was listening to Someone Who Cares by Three Days Grace and it fit perfectly!!  Great Combo, and you're a great poet!  Definetley loved how it flowed!! :D

Kairah027 said...
May 11, 2010 at 3:08 pm:
Beautifully written :) I love the way it flows so nicely. It's short but the meaning and messages behind the words are deep and long lasting. This poem was amazing, I could totally relate even though I've never been homeless but the emotions I did share. You're not alone, keep on writing :) <3

Kairah027 replied...
May 11, 2010 at 3:09 pm :
Oh, and also could you read some of my stuff, i would really like the feedback.

JeanGrey said...
May 11, 2010 at 12:09 pm:
Great! I have been homeless before so you captured the emotion almost perfectly! 5 stars.

Koolbeans15' said...
May 11, 2010 at 11:14 am:
is there a reason for the miscellaneous n? haha but it was awesome i wish i were homeless... but not really. 

charzard replied...
May 11, 2010 at 11:15 am :
yeah! we should homeless together, biffle. anyway. great poem, krista e. 5 stars!

WhoaJackJack said...
May 11, 2010 at 10:32 am:

Awesome! Check out my stories!!