Homelessness This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

My home can be

everywhere

or nowhere.

My daily meals

consist

of anything or

nothing.

My knick-knacks

and baubles

are the clothes

I

wear.

My money

is

only what

others

give me.

I am a being.

I am human.

I am homeless.

If only people

could see

where I stand.

and

help me

through

this all.

Will this loneliness

ever end?

Will I begin

a

new life?

Does

anyone

care?

Because

I

am here.

I

am

real.

I

cannot

be ignored.

I am a person.

I am alive.

And...

I am homeless. n

SimplyErica said...
Jun. 2, 2013 at 1:40 am:
I wrote something similar to this called "Those Street People's Stories". Check it out whenever. It reminds me a lot of this and this is something serious other's need to know.

itsjustmeHannah said...
This is beautiful. well done. i think that the reason its so powerful is beacause your writing is very simple. you dont use any big words or difficult to understand phrases. you simply write emotion, and it shows, and you cant argue with pure emotion. most people cant do what youve done. so feel proud. 

CTS207 said...
Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:51 pm:
Bravo, simple, true, a little much on the space between stanzas *but that is the sites fault*. Truly worthy of a 5/5

GhoshyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This poem tells a moving story. It was sad, but exceptionally written. The breaks in writing made the poem seem much more real. 

Siilver said...
Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:20 am:
This is wonderful :) The line breaks were perfect. The first stanza was my favorite-- the writing seemed to be less concrete in the second. Both were very good, though! Keep writing. 

iluvrockandroll2 said...
brilliant free verse!!

pandagirl312 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like this point of view. Sometimes people are afraid to help the homeless with money because they don't know what they will do with it. If that's the case, you can always buy them a burger at McDonald's or something. Anything would help you if you were like that. Good job, it got me thinking. :)

Aduke9 said...
May 6, 2012 at 8:31 pm:
The structure of the poem was so original! I love your voice. Keep writing!!

Mimi15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is really good! Sorry for the advertising, but do you mind checking out some of my new work? Keep writing :)

ReignOfLove said...
Apr. 14, 2012 at 4:12 am:
I think it's brilliant how seperate the words. It gives them so much more meaning. You just made me believe that every letter has such power in it. Thank you for that lesson

Ravenne said...
Mar. 23, 2012 at 2:31 am:
First, congratulations! I love the idea in itself. The breakdown of the sentences adds double meanings- as if the speaker addresses the reader directly with questions or demands. But I must admit, while the breakdown is interesting... the sentences in themselves are somewhat lacking. I assume you meant to make it sound like the homeless person is the one talking, but if so, then it's too... conscious, I should say? Perhaps a little description of a situation, instead of a comment about it, ... (more »)

xCutMyTearsOutx said...
Mar. 1, 2012 at 4:53 pm:

This was beautiful. I love you work! Congrats on the publish!

-Hannah

ZimmermanAnna27 said...
Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:53 am:
The home loans are very useful for people, which would like to start their own company. As a fact, it is very comfortable to receive a small business loan.

HazyeyesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:46 pm:
saying u dont think their poem should have made it to be published is kind of knocking but i do agree about your point about good feedback. i liked the poem, i dont think it was perfect, but i liked it

C.A.WaltThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:46 am:
I fully agree with you. this poem could use more emotion and should really try to capture the essence of being "homeless"

thebrighterparts said...
Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:39 am:
I think that less is more for this situation; the goal is to make this person seem like all they have is the clothes on their back.

BeccaKoko said...
Jan. 19, 2012 at 9:59 am:
I'm not hating, just giving useful feedback, as said below.

Atychiphobia This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Don't hate, appreciate! I admit that this piece is not one of my favorites, but it had a message and a point. It also got a lot of attention, so it's not all bad.

Amber4141610 said...
I thought this was beautiful. Anything from the heart that tells the truth cannot fail regardless of how many times a person may knock you down. This was amazing.

BeccaKoko replied...
Jan. 18, 2012 at 4:41 pm :
btws, I wasnt knocking her down, I was critquing her poem. Any writer should be open to good feedback. (and fyi, constructional good feedback isn't "OMG that was BEAUTIFUL!!!" it's things that the writer can work on and make their work better)