American Revolution This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Over the hills and halls of Mount Vernon

I heard voices that cried,

"No taxation without representation!"

And the Tories who lied.

In the monuments and museums and houses

I saw people who dreamed

In the battlefields of blood and of anger

I saw the British get creamed

I saw brave men who died

And children who cried

I heard calls for freedom to vote

I heard lofty appeals

And men with ideals

I read words that the wisest men wrote

Yet it baffles me now

To understand how

These men died for America and why

It's a nation of thugs

And homewrecking drugs

And poor homeless children who cry

Our forefathers tried

But instead they died

If you look closely, I think you'll find:

A nation of crime

And a nation of death

Was not quite what they had in mind.

PurpleMidnight said...
This is awesome! I wish everyone, especially congress, had a chance to read this. It's tremendous! Thank you for voicing what so many of us think

Sabe88 replied...
This poem mentions the bad things of America. Why did you not feel the need to include those. This poem, to me, says that you are not happy with America and that you are a pessimist. If you are this set against America, you should try to fix it full-roundedly or get out of this 'nation of crime and thugs'!!!

mwatt12 replied...
It's not about everything that is bad with America, not from my perspecitve. I saw it as being about the deterioration of our society from what our Founding Fathers intended. I thought it was amazing and I completely agree with the poet. Epic win.

Shambler92 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
America unveiled. loved the final stanza, short but a punch to the face. http ://teenink .com /opinion/current_events_politics/article/157625/MY-GENERATION-The-New-Youth-The-Building-of-a-New-World/

amazing man, America Unveiled. love the final stanza, short and a punch to the face. i wrote an article about this subject too.

JohnnyBravo said...
May 7, 2009 at 1:42 am
WOW!!! AWESOMEEEEEEEEEE

darrl4 said...
Feb. 19, 2009 at 2:09 am
that was aswome

Novee Shanee Orcajada said...
cool yo!