Looking Back

Looking back on the joy and the pain,

Looking back on the things that I have maimed,

Looking back on the fear and the tears,

Looking back and just thinking- Oh dear, oh dear!

Looking back on the good and the bad,

Looking back on the things I could have had,

Looking back with a frown and a sigh,

Looking back knowing I didn't even try.

Now I know that things are different

And I finally found what has been missing,

As the sun sets on each day I will always look back with a smile and say

Those things are gone, and those things have past,

Now I am free, so free at last!

Ashley P. said...
Jul. 2, 2010 at 3:52 pm:

hay if you dont mind im emailing some of your work to some of my frids

ash

windswiftThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 10, 2010 at 6:01 pm:
im 17, almost eighteen, but i've been writing since i was young, i cant realy remember when i started, i only remeber that i wrote something one day and remembered writing it, that was when my career started i guess.  talk to you later.   -nathan

distant_dreamer replied...
Jun. 10, 2010 at 10:11 pm :

Wow, so you have been writing a long time, well I'm not that too far behind you, I'm 16 so yea I've been writing for a while too! I luv it though!! ttyl-

Monica

windswiftThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 8:04 pm :
Hey, do you still use this web address?  I posted quite a few new things recently. 

Jun. 9, 2010 at 9:28 pm:
my name is nathan, i write alot, just like so many of the people on this website.  i loved this peice of writing, it brings out emotions and simplifies it, while retaining the stronger feeling, thats very hard to do, keep up the good work and dont stop writing, you will secsseed in whatever you want to if you dont give up!

distant_dreamer replied...
Jun. 9, 2010 at 9:49 pm :
Hi Nathan, Monica here! :) Thanks so much, I'm glad you like it! I love poetry b/c It is the only way I can truely express my feelings and so on! :) Btw, how old are you? just curious! Well thanks so much again! :) *Peace*

Mar. 28, 2010 at 6:52 pm:
your poetry is something that speaks to poeple, anyone who has read your poetry will love it, its almost a garuntee

distant_dreamer replied...
Mar. 29, 2010 at 3:03 pm :
Thank you so mucH! I'm glad to know that my poetry speaks to you! :) You have been so kind! :) What's your name anyway? :) Thanks again!!!

sasssgirrrl22 said...
Feb. 3, 2010 at 9:14 pm:
ha i really like ur poetry! u put heart into it and i just luv the rhymes XD plz keep writing & read/ comment some of my work. it'd be greatly appreciated!!

TheseBrownEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really do like your poetry. Keep it up!

twilightprincess said...
I really like your poetry :) Keep up the good work!!

distant_dreamer replied...
Nov. 8, 2009 at 7:23 pm :
Thanks so much! You're the first one too! :) I'll be sure to check your work out! :)