Looking Back

Looking back on the joy and the pain,

Looking back on the things that I have maimed,

Looking back on the fear and the tears,

Looking back and just thinking- Oh dear, oh dear!

Looking back on the good and the bad,

Looking back on the things I could have had,

Looking back with a frown and a sigh,

Looking back knowing I didn't even try.

Now I know that things are different

And I finally found what has been missing,

As the sun sets on each day I will always look back with a smile and say

Those things are gone, and those things have past,

Now I am free, so free at last!

Ashley P. said...

hay if you dont mind im emailing some of your work to some of my frids

ash

windswift This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
im 17, almost eighteen, but i've been writing since i was young, i cant realy remember when i started, i only remeber that i wrote something one day and remembered writing it, that was when my career started i guess.  talk to you later.   -nathan

distant_dreamer replied...

Wow, so you have been writing a long time, well I'm not that too far behind you, I'm 16 so yea I've been writing for a while too! I luv it though!! ttyl-

Monica

windswift This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 15 at 8:04 pm
Hey, do you still use this web address?  I posted quite a few new things recently. 

my name is nathan, i write alot, just like so many of the people on this website.  i loved this peice of writing, it brings out emotions and simplifies it, while retaining the stronger feeling, thats very hard to do, keep up the good work and dont stop writing, you will secsseed in whatever you want to if you dont give up!

distant_dreamer replied...
Hi Nathan, Monica here! :) Thanks so much, I'm glad you like it! I love poetry b/c It is the only way I can truely express my feelings and so on! :) Btw, how old are you? just curious! Well thanks so much again! :) *Peace*

your poetry is something that speaks to poeple, anyone who has read your poetry will love it, its almost a garuntee

distant_dreamer replied...
Thank you so mucH! I'm glad to know that my poetry speaks to you! :) You have been so kind! :) What's your name anyway? :) Thanks again!!!

sasssgirrrl22 said...
ha i really like ur poetry! u put heart into it and i just luv the rhymes XD plz keep writing & read/ comment some of my work. it'd be greatly appreciated!!

TheseBrownEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really do like your poetry. Keep it up!

twilightprincess said...
I really like your poetry :) Keep up the good work!!

distant_dreamer replied...
Thanks so much! You're the first one too! :) I'll be sure to check your work out! :)