Carry My Tune This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Monotone metronomes
beating out the sound
of all the discord
in my heart.
Once, twice, the
strings are plucked,
threatening to snap.
The melancholy
of the world
resting in the
notes,
slowly taking
my song
and tearing it
apart.

Chibbie said...
This is great work i really enjoy this peice. It is heart wrenching yet not to the brink of despair. I hope you keep on wirting and please review on my work sometime :)

--ramrams said...
May 10, 2010 at 5:51 pm:
ahah , you shouldn't be amazed at all . this piece was great ; the imagery is simple but supple in the most subtle and soft way ! (: nice job . hey , and check out some of my work . thanks , girl . and kudos again . :D

qwerty42 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 7, 2010 at 12:40 pm :
thanks a bunch!

Bethani said...
Short, sweet and simple! I love how you explain the mood. Keep writing!

Jan. 23, 2010 at 1:22 pm :
thanks! i was sooo excited when i saw your comment, it was the first that anyone has put on any of my work! this poem actually got published!!!! i was sooooooooooo amazed!

Book_addict replied...
Jul. 4, 2011 at 8:54 pm :

This is sweeeeeeeeet!  Not surprised it got published, 'cause it rocks! =)

like nerds

Jul. 5, 2011 at 2:34 am :
of course! nerds rule :D