Soil

You only rent your body from the soil. Stop pretending like you can own anything at all.
Why on earth is everyone so desperate to be unique?
In a lot of ways you can tell the men from the boys, but those ways are subtle.
Everyone would jump were they to see their own shadow, that’s the god’s honest truth.
Within everything else we are lonely, far too frightened by our own reflections to ever feel a true feeling.
And I could be a ghost in the way that I am seen by you, that is to say, the way you perceive everything.
I know like I know anything that within my ribcage I feel something and I can spend the rest of my time seeing what it is.

Acalleq This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this was good, i thought the ''you only rent your body from the soil'' part was a bit funny, dark humor i guess. 

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is really deep. it sounds lie you werent done thinkng afte you wrote it. 5 stars.

this is very deep.it seems like you werent done thinking after you wrote it. well good for you. I love it.