Lobster & Butter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I said one word,
gave one look,
and now I am
bright red and in hot water.
You are my demise,
my destruction,
my edge.
Decadent, delicious, sweet.
With you, I will be devoured.
My entity itself will simply
disappear.
Yet you complete me.
I am unloved without you.
If I didn't know better,
I am the lobster
and you are my butter.

Savi101 said...
I love this, I can fully relate to it. I can feel the words and I understand what you mean. The idiom is magnificent. Keep up the good work :D

awesomeaugust This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 17, 2010 at 9:43 am:
I've read this before, I know, but I guess I didn't leave a comment so here's one now- This is soo completely amazing because it portrays not only a very cute image, but a feeling. And that's what writers do, isn't it? Please keep writng, you are amazing.

wixchick said...
Feb. 17, 2010 at 8:10 am:
This made me smile, I love the power of the idiom. It created a wonderful mental image, not of lobster and b utter, but of two people desperately in love.

Dandelion said...
Feb. 14, 2010 at 10:24 am:
I love this poem! You took such a simple idiom (being in hot water) and made it into this melt-in-your-mouth love poem. Genious.

EleanorRigbysGospelofPeaceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 14, 2010 at 9:05 pm :
Wow. Thank you. Comments like this are absolutely amazing to receive :) I will make sure to look at some of your work and comment as well.

Mickie<3 said...
Feb. 13, 2010 at 11:19 am:
cute and funny- i love your work!!

stopmotionscene This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this entire poem is an amazing metaphor. I love the double meanings throughout - "and now I am / bright red and in hot water." great, great poem.

Jan. 9, 2010 at 9:27 am :
Thank you so much! Your comments mean a lot to me. I will be sure to check out some of your work!