Why I Can't Get You Out

My dear,
Sweet Prince of my dreams,
I cannot tell you how much it pains me to say this
But you are clouding my judgement
My mind is full of your fragrant haze
I wish I could get you from under my skin
You're like a virus seeping into my skin
You make me crazed, confused
And as much as I want you
I don't.
I beg you to leave my brain
To leave me alone
For though I want you so much
I know you don't want me
And as you plaque my brain, you are making me love you more.
I don't want you anymore!
Get from under my skin.

BrielleM said...
Jul. 8, 2010 at 10:06 am
I love this :) Makes me think of a situation I was in...

Cheesecake said...
alright now im ALL better,i can erad this and I'm OK! ;P fabulous dear. haha Parker.

Cheesecake said...
crap that made me cry and i bet you can guess why. gar your too good of a writer. warm regards, A

EleanorRigbysGospelofPeace This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I agree with xXsmileXx. This is great, and yes, I have been there and done that as well. :) Thank you very much for commenting on my work! The only thing I would suggest is changing how you use punctuation. The second-to-last line, "I don't want you anymore!" is choppy and different from the rest of the poem. The rest of the poem, for me, is sad and a little haunting. However, that one line sticks out and is a different style than the rest of the poem. Otherwise, great poem. ... (more »)

Savor~the~Moment This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Wow, you two make me feel really good inside, especially since my poems are generally so personal. Thank you guys so much. Oh, and EleanorRigbys: I'll look into fixing that line. :)

Alice V. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Thanks! Yah, this guy was a total snob to me but he was so nice to everyone else so I figured I could vent my feelings by writing a poem, which cross my fingers and hope to God, I'm good at. :)

xXsmileXx This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Been there, done that. I love this poem and how you wrote it. I wrote one like it. Nice job! And keep writing!