Like It Or Not

Here I am. It’s just me. It’s Just little imperfect me. You tell me I’m nobody, but I’m so much more than that. You tell me I’m worthless, but the truth is: I’m worth more than you’ll ever be!

You don’t think I’m anyone, do you? Ha! You’d be wrong!

I’m not weird… (Just different). I mean, you don’t know me, so just don’t judge me.

Maybe if you’d attempt to talk to me and maybe even listen to me, you’d see that I’m not a freak, I’m not stupid, and I’m most certainly not worthless!

But have you ever taken a single minute to stop and think, “Maybe, (Just maybe), she likes to be perfectly IMperfect,”?

I like who I am, and that’s just me. In other words, I’m my own person! (And I’m proud of it!) So here’s to all my haters: I’m not going to change, so why don’t you just cry me a river, build me a bridge, and get over it!

Love_Me_Not said...
Aug. 20, 2009 at 12:23 am
Hm Thanks I'll keep that in mind. ^_^

amyxu said...
Hey nice work with this poem. One suggestion: with the lines "I mean, you don’t know me, so just don’t judge me/Maybe if you’d attempt to talk to me and maybe even listen to me" I think it would be way more powerful and effective if you took out the "I mean," the "just," and the two "maybes." It would make the narrator sound more confident and it would convince the reader that yes, she (the narrator) really knows what she wants! Instead of the reader thinking she's insecure.... (more »)