Breaking Stone This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Below me are the put-downs
others made of me in stone.
Only I can break them,
and only I alone.

For even though they're marked in stone,
they're not permanent. They don't matter.
Only I know my true feelings,
and they can make rocks shatter.

Then I took my true feelings,
and etched them in the sky,
Now I always know what I am,
and the reason why.

PurpleBrass3rd said...
I love this! It's short and sweet and really captures what others cannot put into words! :) Really exceptional!

readaholic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you!!          

LivelyJade said...
So good! *looks up at the sky* That is soooo awesome :)

LOL Thanks!!!

BorderlineGenius777 said...
I quite enjoyed it, good sir. Very moving, while still managing to keep it at a shorter lenght, allowing those who have shorter attention spans than others to enjoy it as well. Bravo, sir, bravo!

Thank you, but I have to ask, why do you immediately assume I'm a "sir"?

BorderlineGenius777 replied...
Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:47 am
Oh my. I am truly and dearly sorry. This website does not give gender, and your username gave no indication either, so I merely assumed. Though, assuming does make an a** of you and me now, doesn't it? Again, quite sorry!

LOL It's ok!  I didn't find it offensive at all, a lot of people mistake me for a male on this site!  Thank you for your kind comment!

Mckay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very deep and moving. You've incoporated a myriad elements in this one poem: rhyme, imagery, metaphors, and emotion. I like it.

Thanks!!       

Jetta_WroteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I agree with everybody. This is truly short, sweet, to the point, and FANTASTIC! It's got a great rhythm and it's strong, despite the fact that it may be a shorter poem. Amazing job, as usual! (:

LOL (literally, not like those fakers out there) I wrote this poem like 5 years ago, but thanks!...

Fayrouz This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm not too good at interpreting poems, but I truly enjoyed the references to stones in yours. Stones are hard, unbreakable, and tough...but they also hurt if they're thrown at you! Great job! I would suggest using fancier word choice to make your poem more poetic. Good luck with your writing!

Feb. 9, 2012 at 6:37 am
Thanks!!!!

literateViolet said...
Sept. 13, 2011 at 9:33 am
love the pic and this poem great job

Thanks! :) but just so you know, I didn't have anything to do with the pic....

Violetrose said...
It was really good!

Luna1 said...
I totally agree with Day-Dreamer! That totally deserved to be in the magazine!! I loved it!

Thanks :) I almost died when I got the acceptance email!  I saw the subject line and almost fainted...glad i didn't ;D

Luna1 replied...
Me too. xD I wish we were at the same school or something. Then we could share ideas and stuff. You could give me tips on how to write!! XD