Thoughts

Thoughts

Flowing through my mind,

Substantial as moonbeams,

Glittering on the water,

Dissolving in my eager grasp,
Elusive.

Emotions, inspiration, ideas,

Boiling beneath the surface,

Bubbling enticingly,

Popping out of existence,

With one hesitant touch.

Flitting to and fro,

Like shadows in the twilight,

Fading in and out,

Like a scent wafting

On the evening breeze.

Churning in turmoil,

Calm and flat,

Light or dark,

A range of shades:

Bright

Flat.

Jumbled like an unfinished puzzle,

Woven together like a spider's web.

A vast ocean,

A clouded planet,

A swirling galaxy.
Confounding.

windswift This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i like this poem, it depicts well the scrambled thought that we find ourselfs having sometimes, and you even conveyed the image of being confused and full of racing thoughts very well, its a great poem, written by an even greater author, keep up the good work.

Blood-of-Ink This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is amazing. Your imagery is so vivid, I love it. Have you read my piece Summer Days? Kinda similar, though not nearly as well done! : )

Electricity This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:28 am
wow, great poem. I love the way it's written. I can relate to this poem. I never thought about how thoughts feel. I had to show it to my friends. But I cut out the first line that reads "thougts" and I also cut out the title, and had them read it that way. At the end of the poem my one of my friends said, "omg omg, it's thinking!" so, yeah, great poem! To me when a writer can make his/her reader guess the idea of the poem without saying what the poem is about, it's a 5 start job!

SilverDawn said...
whoaaa!! such great descriptions! lovely imagery and choice of words. keep writing; i'm sure you'll be famous (:

despurlock This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 19, 2009 at 1:18 am
Wow I really love this poem! It's so different than your others, I love it!!! Great job! Keep it up! I love how this poem is personable to every reader b/c they taste what you are talking about, but they are left to decide for themself. which is what makes great poetry! Great job! Oh, and please stop by and read some of my new poems and lemme know what you think. Thanks so much! Again, wonderful job!