Heaven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Just through the clouds
Just beyond the bloody orange sunset
Lie golden gates
Lie people's fates
No hate
No crime
No war
No dying
You're a spirit
You're one with God

On this earth
So filled with
Hate
Crime
War
Death
It's hard to be sure
Sure that it's there
And sometimes
I cry
Because I think
How disappointed God must be
In me
For doubting
Doubting
Then I look
At the night sky
So black
Anything could be out there
The possibilities are endless
I look at the stars
A tiny billion miracles
Waiting to shine
Brighter, brighter
Than ever before
And my mom calls to me
“Go to bed, Sofia!”
Because it really is
Very late
No time for a little girl to be up
So I just peek
Sneak
One last look at that black canvas
Full of miracles
And I smile
Because He's there
I know He is

hopelessromantic....This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 25, 2013 at 8:53 am:
I LOVED THIS! I love how you captured the eccense of having faith and being real :)

HopeM said...
Amazing! I feel this exact way sometimes.

satellite23This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Haha, just posted on one of your other stories five minutes ago. Now, this is deep! Good job!

Sarita H. said...

B e a u t i f u l<3

I've felt like that before, sometimes yor just doubting...but you know He's there...(:

Crogirl said...
So beautiful.
''Because He's there
 I know He is'' - I especially liked this  one. I know too.

_Elsy_ said...
Jul. 28, 2010 at 9:09 am:

it made me smile too - and i'm sorry if this posts twice (it didn't post the first time lol) Your poem is and was amazing. All christians feel that way at some point no matter what - i have. You have alot of talent, keep writing.

btw-can you check out some of my stuff?

_Elsy_ said...
Jul. 28, 2010 at 9:05 am:

it made me smile too, it's a beautiful poem and all christians feel that way at one time or another - i have for sure. You have a lot of talent. And i hope to check out more of your writings.

btw-can you check out some of my stuff?

yelyahmar14 said...
Jul. 10, 2010 at 10:47 pm:
This is great. It really made me smile knowing everything in here is so right and so true. You captured His beauty. :) crazy good

ReflectionsofYou said...
May 6, 2010 at 12:04 pm:

Awesome job.

Sometimes you just click on something, not suspecting anything, and then it's like WOW! how did I miss that? That's what your poem was like. Keep writing:]

awesomeaugust This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 17, 2010 at 9:38 am:

Hi! (from the author)

Thanks so much for all of your comments- much appreciated. I'm slowly getting around to looking at and commenting on everyone's work and I can't wait to see more.

Thanks esspecially to "lauraea23"- I totally respect that you have differnt beliefs and I'm really glad that you could still enjoy this!

lauraea23 said...
Apr. 16, 2010 at 6:20 am:
I LOVE it. I don't agree with your beliefs about God, but I love the descriptions and the imagery. Amazing!!! Keep on writing!

bamboom212 said...
Feb. 14, 2010 at 10:30 pm:
luvvv it. this sets things into a really kOoL perspective :)) this is an incredible poem. awesome job

logo24 said...
Feb. 9, 2010 at 1:29 pm:
I love it. This put a fantastic image in my head. I wonder too sometimes...

kittkatbar0676 said...
Feb. 5, 2010 at 1:48 pm:
Wow... I doubt too, and I feel horrible about it, and yet I know that there must be SOMETHING. Very relatable!!! A++++++!! :)

distant_dreamer said...
I love this poem so much! I love your faith, and I know that someday you will become so famous, and this will be at the top of the list! You are so talented, and God has given you the ability to write, and let your emotions flow beautifully out on a peice of paper and make an incredible poem, story...you name it! I write poems, and one is called "God is with His Children", please check it out, and tell me how you like it because I would love to get a comment from you!!!! Thanks! <3

Hope_PrincessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Thanks so much for reminding me that God is always there even though I can't see him.
It flowed together so well, too.
Keep writing!

Hi,(from the author) I really appreciate everyones feedback and have made all the changes thast have been suggeted. I'd love to keep improving this piece though, and any further comments who be greatly appreciated. If I make enough changes, perhaps I'll publish the new and improbved version. Thanks!

Mickey said...
i really liked this piece, the flow, the mood everything. you have great talent as a poet.

Elizabeth D. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 8, 2009 at 2:12 am:
I actually like the list like flow of this poem...great piece

SemiVeggie said...
Jul. 29, 2009 at 6:56 pm:
I actually liked the "bloody" sunset description, but I agree that it felt a little forced and listlike. However, you have a great basis here.