My Special Place This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The grass waved
At me from our front window
Indian paintbrush flowers
Peeked out of the grass
Waiting for us
The tree in the distance
Served us for many things
Tea parties
With my friends and sister
Or a lookout for intruders
Always safe
A good place to hide
Yet we shared it with creatures
Squirrels
Looking like very adventurous mustaches
And spiders
Disrupting our nice tea parties with screams
But now when I look out
Of that old front window
There is no grass
Or flowers
And tree to take shade under
Instead
There is a field of houses
But they can’t be picked and given to my mom
Or wave at me in the wind
Or give shade for tea parties
No
My favorite place fell
Under construction.

MissEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 10 at 11:22 am
This is wonderful. :) I love the humor in it, and that it's about a special place. I found it rather sad because of the tragedy, but at least you have memories to remember. It's beautiful, and also. I don't know when this was published, but congrats! You deserve it. You have a talent and greatness in you, and you are a wonderful and talented writer and person. :) Thank you so much, for sharing this. 

DragonAmericaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 5 at 10:11 pm
This is really good! XD

gold_30 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is really good I liked how you used repetitive images  

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 7, 2013 at 4:02 am
For your special place, quite a special poem. wow. This poem has so many things I can relate to and you put it all so beautifully that even the tragedy has a glow to it. Great poem.

royalujjwa4This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 6, 2013 at 9:42 am
There is nothing more beautiful than simplicity when it comes to poetry, and yours was just beautiful. I request you to read my poem " I became a butterfly', coz I've used the same picture!

despurlock This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 9, 2009 at 1:31 am
I can really feel the pain and emotion behind the poem. I love it and I love the deep feeling it evokes! Keep writing and I cant wait to read more of your work!

tephynay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 8, 2009 at 8:07 am
This is way good. I love the meaning behind it.