Life | Teen Ink

Life

By lisa vallone BRONZE, South Plainfield, New Jersey
lisa vallone BRONZE, South Plainfield, New Jersey

I am from Anthony and Clara// From Norway to Italy// I am from South Plainfield and Plainfield// From house a with green shutters and a big backyard// I am from Green Eggs and Ham and Doctor Suess// From Kerry and Nicole// I am from footy pajamas and a big kitchen// From deaths of animals to childhood memories// I am from playing football to dressing up// From figure skating to softball//

I am from yummy meatballs and good family talsk// From falling off my bike and getting a cut// I am from playing with my neighbors// From playing kickball in the in the street// I am from getting ice cream on hot summer days// From staying up late listening to loud thunder storms// I am from the big shed out back// From the old kitchen door//

I am from Lillian and Frank// from Russia and Poland// I am from getting into fights with my brother// From making up after the fights// I am from elementary school to high school// From kindergarten to ninth grade//

I am from ballet and basketball// To broken bones and sprained ankles// Allof these memories, good or bad// Will be relived many times over again