Like I'm invisible

It’s like I’m invisible
And everyone around me could see Right through me
Focusing on only what they could See beyond me
And not what they could see Through my eyes
The pain of feeling unimportant
Like no one gives a damn what I say
No one gives a damn about my Opinion on a matter

It’s okay
He would say
And then he would…cup my face into His hands
And kiss my forehead slowly and Softly
Gentle and sympathetic

I have no choice but to count on Him
And trust him
My love

But when the pain starts seeping Above
Out through my hands
Out in my head
Burning like fire in the flammable Sand
I’m at the paper again…

Writing constantly
About how I feel…
Like I’m invisible

alex9426 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is so incredibly good. my english teacher said during our poetry unit that all poets spend hours, days, weeks, perfecting their poems. what a load of crap . my best poems are the ones i just write down quickly and spur of the moment with very little editing afterward.

despurlock This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
So relatable, thank you for writing it down :) Sometimes the best poems just come without planning, or at least that is how I feel sometimes. Anywho, great work!

tbkeleli said...
Dec. 26, 2009 at 10:02 am
wow. great poem. i think i could relate somehow, but great work.

EdytD said...
I love this! Have you ever read Invisible Man? This reminded me of it.
I think that the feelings of the narrator are shown clearly through the poem. As I read the words, I felt as though I was talking to you. I really liked your paragraph about the pain - I think the imagery was very graphic. Great job!

elizabeth R. said...
This is almost exactly how I feel sometimes. anyways...I like it.You did a good job.!

VisionTru This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I think thi was very good. I understood your point I love it.

MariaMarie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
It's really good. That's how i write mt poetry- i just start writing and don't think. It's a challenge for me to plan ahead. This says how you feel and lets us feel it too. I write to get emotions i can't handle out too- it's.. cleansing sometimes.

Hannahbear<3 replied...
Jan. 23, 2010 at 8:58 am
i love the way you write, i really do. God... there is so much emotion and fellings, its incredible