somewhere over there | Teen Ink

somewhere over there

May 13, 2009
By AJ Krzysko BRONZE, Tower Lakes, Illinois
AJ Krzysko BRONZE, Tower Lakes, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Somewhere over there..........
No look over there, over those skyscrapers.
You have to kinda cut away that billowing black stuff that is blocking the view.
It’ll be a challenge but you can do it (maybe if you try).
Afterwards there are some rusty old rail tracks. They go for a while, but I don’t know how long.
You go ahead and follow them tracks for as long as they will let you.
You’ll pass some people, yeah, but they won’t notice. There busy you see.
It’s “Business” complicated stuff-always so busy. Too bad they never get anywhere.
You’ll get through there fine.
After those rows of the ideal family you will get to a big white fence, it stretches forever south to north.
The tracks run through it and passed it for a while. When they stop you keep goin.
There’s some good old fashion values here. If you like flat corn…
Passed that you’ll come to a big winding river. There used to be a song here, but it went with the wind.
There’s blood in the river now.
You cross that bloody river and run into those mountains. .
The mountains used to tell a story, but the story was charred.
It told of touching the stars, now the mountains grab at them.
You pay no mind and keep goin.
After those huge purple mountains you will surely see an endless meadow.
There used to be a strong sweet smell here. It ‘s faint now but not gone.
But you keep goin

Now I’ve not been but I’ve heard at the end of that meadow there’s a hill.
And I’ve heard on that hill there’s a big tree. Big and old, very old.
You go to that tree and that hill. You go to it and find an old man and his old horse under that old tree.
You go and sit with that man with his horse and you listen.
He’ll show you how to blow that black stuff away, he’ll sing you a song, He’ll tell you a story.
You go find that man now. You find that man and listen to what he’s got to say.
You go and you keep goin.