Leaves This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Year after year
We fall
Without much emotion
We cripple
And crumble
And die.

And we watch
The people
Below us
As they waste
Their lives
Without enjoying
Every breeze
As we
So try
To do.

And when
We fall
We watch
The people
Above us
As they share
No love
With each other
As we
So attempt
To do.

And filled
To the brim
With anger,
We dry up
And get swept away
By the wind,
Never
To be green
Again.

windswift This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
sooth, so sooth, in other words,( I know a lot of archiac english) true, so true.  we dry out and never become green again, i like that a lot, its true, and often what is true is buried beneeth a pile of junk, where the one little nugget of truth is hidden somewhere within.  you have a great knack of finding that one little grain of truth, its a dwindling ability.  thank you for letting me know I'm not alone in this world. 

Inkspired said...
This is amazing! I love how you say "As we/so try/to do." So true!!

S.E.M This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you! =)
I have this thing with dramatic breaking of lines. XD

XXcrazy_amazingXX said...
Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:36 am
This is a really good poem, I love it! =]

Thanks!!! =D
Haha, I actually don't consider this one as one of my strongest, but... hey, I'm getting on the magazine, right? Better not complain!!! XD

S.E.M This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oh my goodness!!! I'm being published?!
Wow, thank you so much, TeenInk! And everyone who supported my poem! =D

Aug. 9, 2009 at 5:03 am
Thank you very much, Naiad... I never thought my work would inspire anyone to actually cry!
~S.E.M

evil_naiad said...
Aug. 8, 2009 at 4:25 am
wow.... i absolutely love the sounds. "cripple And crumble"... this made me cry! :)

RheaD.Ravenfinger This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 1, 2009 at 1:35 am
wow . . . beautiful