A Day to Remember

Have you ever had a day to remember?
A day that you’ll always remember?
Maybe it was a birthday?
Or maybe it was a Christmas day?
A day that you made a friend,
A day you won an award?
A day to remember is…
I dunno…
Everday.
You’ll remember everyday,
Something special to remember
Happens everyday that goes by.
What do you remember?

Do you remember your 1st day of school?
The day that you turned 4?
Maybe a special dinner,
Or a trip to the mall?
A day were you tripped,
And skinned you knee?
Or maybe a day when you bought
A new pair of jeans?
Do you remember the time when
You got chicken pox (yuck)
Or when you learned about a long-lost kingdom?
There is always something to remember,
Just think and you will see…

A Day to Remember in me.

Wolfayne said...
Thank you! This was one of my first poems, and I know it's no where near awesome, but I tried.

amyxu said...
Aug. 14, 2009 at 12:58 am
Hey this was an interesting poem. It's not as lyrical as some of your other pieces, but it still has something valuable to say. One suggestion: With the phrase "Just think and you will see…" it might be better to remove the ellipsis (the dot dot dot) because it distracts the reader from the point to follow. Like, when I read that line with the ellipsis I felt like I was waiting a long time for the poem to get to the point. But that's the only thing I thought could be changed. The el... (more »)

EdytD said...
In response to your comment - I wrote something for the Educator of the Year, but it hasn't gone online yet. I'm keeping some of my poetry for other sites, though, so I might not put some up after i write it.
It also takes me longer to write because I edit all of my work. But I'll let you know if I put something else up! :)

EdytD said...

Wolfayne said...
I wasn't really paying attention to what I wrote in this poem. Usually, I do add things like that. I just wasn'y paying attention to it this time.

EdytD said...
The idea is good, but instead of writing about specific days, why don't you add some images that the reader can relate to. For example, instead of saying "the day you got chicken pox," why don't you talk about the itchiness and uncomfortableness of the disease?

If you added "now well-worn" before pair of jeans, it would show your love for the pair.