Part Of Me

I look into your eyes-
a deep brown in bright.
I see a friend-
listening to everything I say.
I listen to your voice-
a sweet accent
that feels like home.
I hear a caring joke.
I feel the brush of your hand-
A belonging warmth.
I feel like I'm in my place.
And I watch you-
Really watch you,
you're becoming
one of my best-friends.
Now I just need to lasso-
And never let go.
Your dark-brown hair-
it's imprisoned in my mind.
I'll never forget you.
I see your personality blooming,
Golden-
but you'd prefer it show black.
I see your true-self.
And now,
You're a part of me.
A part that'll never go black.

dreamer_believer said...
i decided to check out some more of your work becasue the last time i did i really enjoyed it :) and once again, this piece did not dissappoint me :) i LOVE the line "a sweet accent that feels like home" that's so adorable yet very deep. all around a great poem :) well done once again! keep writing! :)
<3/ dreamer

MariaMarie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks! :) I'm glad you like it.

lovehate29 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this piece!
You are skilled!
Please check out my work and comment, rate if you have time! Thanks!

This was an old poem from before we had the 'reply' option. lol ThankYou for your comments and I remember checking out some of your work, it was good  :)

Actualy, it was not good. It was great!!! I jus went back through to read a couple and I still love them now if not more than i did then. You have a great gift for writing!!!

BellaLuna said...
hey, i like your work thanks fror the comment on my story (unwant quintuplet) well keep writting your poetry

Alrightey :) And i am glad to hear that you like it

Heidi This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love the way you use colors in this. Great poem!

ThankYou