I Need You

You are my sun,
I can't live without you,
You are my rain,
Without you I will wither.

When you're not here,
It's cloudy,
When you aren't near,
It's dry as a desert.
I can live without you-
For a little while,
But not for long.

When you are near,
But I can't see your face,
It's like the heavy clouds,
That don't deliver their
Promised rain.
I need you.

AndThisIsReal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 15, 2009 at 9:20 am
Mhm.
I love the last stanza.

S.t.S This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 8, 2009 at 4:20 am
I feel the same way with my beloved... the Earth doesn't seem to pin properly without his presence...

despurlock This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I also enjoyed his poem!!! You have a very unique style of writing that I just can't pinpoint, but I love it! I'm hooked! :)

windswift This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 23, 2009 at 4:04 am
i really enjoyed this piece of work, its one of the many poems that i will add to my lists of favorites from teen ink. this poem will definetly change my perspective on the way that things work everyday!

Abreika said...
Hey I dropped by since commented my poem and I think your poem is great!

WriterDancerLover This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Hey I saw your comment so I decided to check out your work too~ it was definitely worth it! I really enjoyed it, and I hope to see more of your work. Great job.

pinkvolleyballgirl said...
Hey i saw ur comment and i thought i would check out some of ur work like u asked. I like this poem. At times, though, i stumbled through the lines. It lacks a sense of flow. Maybe work on the phrasing. Other than that, i think you have a great topic and lots to work with!(: