New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Stolen and Forgotten

Author's note: This is one of those stories where I couldn't stop writing till I knew the end. When I write I...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This is one of those stories where I couldn't stop writing till I knew the end. When I write I still have no clue how it will end. Every time time it surprises me and I love the feeling when you finish a story. I love to write.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »

Misunderstood

It was all a misunderstanding, but one disagreement can lead to a big mistake.

The air around me was heavy from the fallen rain. There was a smooth, gray cast across the sky, leaving the houses dark and murky in the shade. I stumbled through an alley pulling my coat around me tighter, wishing I would have brought along a windbreaker. A small cat lay upon a broken crate with leftover supper from a nearby restaurant. All the lights were out except for one, and that’s how I witnessed the incident. The one I stayed awake for nights hoping it was just an illusion or bad nightmare. People say they understand what, “Being in the wrong place at the wrong time” means, but you never know till it’s happened to you.
I gawked at the scene that blurred my vision. I willed my mind to respond with an easy solution ,but all its left me is standing in the cool air with a light sprinkle beckoning to pour rain. It might help me; maybe even wash me out of the panic I’m in. I need to get help, call someone, something! But before my trembling hands can reach for my phone the hideous creature stares at me. The dark figure’s mouth moves in the still darkness. The only thing protecting me from the person is a thin, glass window. It’s decided what to do and vanishes. I open my mouth to scream ready to alarm someone of the danger I’m in, but something rough covers my mouth.
No sound will escape me as a large body shoves me into the nearby alley. Again, I try to scream but there is no use for it. My muffled sounds are covered and a man curses through gritted teeth. I bite down, protesting the thing in my mouth. The taste of leather runs through my mouth. I argue to the point where my knees and arms are aimlessly swinging for some hope getting free. A harder grip envelops me and I’m forced to obey. Not trusting my eyes anymore, I focus on listening. The frosty night air nips at my hands, numbing them. My legs go limp and my mind dazes off and on. The last sound I hear is a faint clank, and then there is nothing but dark, everywhere.

haleyy. said...
Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:25 am:
This was a really good story! It was very interesting and made me wonder if there was something between Dean and Lily at the end? Keep writing!(:

BeeBee3507 replied...
Dec. 15, 2012 at 12:29 pm :
Thank you so much for reading it!

haleyy. replied...
Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:30 am :
You are very welcome!(:

BeeBee31 said...
Jun. 7, 2012 at 8:36 pm:
This is one of the most amazing books I have ever read! This author is truly talented and I can't wait to read all of the amazing books that she will publish in her lifetime. She has a gift for writing and I am so proud of her!