Fresh Blood

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

Nighttime Stroll

Footsteps, That’s all I heard as Remmie and I ran down the deserted street of small town Youngstown, Ohio. The streets were quiet and bare, except for a few abandoned cars and body’s. I heard nothing, not a sound. It’s unsettling. I was becoming used to the moaning and groaning of the undead, the screams of carnage and death. I kept glancing at this stranger and smirking. We had only known each other for about a day now but we look like sisters or at least best friends. We both have the same medium dark hair and glasses. We are also both wearing plaid shirts and dark jeans. Certain facial structures are the only difference between her and I. She seemed sweet and funny too. If only the circumstances weren’t as they were. You don’t really have time to establish true friendships when you’re being chased by zombies 24/7.
“Oh, look Sammie! A motel. Maybe we can spend the night there and start searching again in the morning.” Remmie said pulling me from my thoughts.
“ Hmm I don’t know Rem. Isn’t like the number one rule to stay away from motels?”
“ It has to be better than staying out here.”
“ Maybe there’s somewhere else close by.”
“Nope we are staying here. Case closed.” Oh yeah, Remmie tends to be a little bossy at times.
I look up at the giant brown motel. It didn’t look like somewhere you wanted to stay. Not only did the color distain me but the mere look of the god awful place. The steps were covered in mud and blood and the stairs to the side reeked of urine. Defiantly not a place I’d stay if the circumstances weren’t as they were. We walk into the old building. It says it’s a Jaycees building. The paint was peeling and it was beyond freezing but I guess it will do for tonight.
“ Keep your gun ready Rem. I have a weird feeling about this place.” I murmured as we started up the stairs. A really weird feeling I thought to myself.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

Freckles3 said...
Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:57 am
Ahhh! Chapter Eight is even BETTER!!

Freckles3 said...
Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:54 am
This... Was.... Amazing. Absolutely beautiful. I mean, right now I'm only on Chapter 7, but it's so good, I had to comment right now! Great work!! What a horror story!!