If I kissed you...

Author's note: Writing is my passion. If I don't write daily, I feel like my day is incomplete. I wrote this to...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Writing is my passion. If I don't write daily, I feel like my day is incomplete. I wrote this to showcase where I am currently at, regarding talent in writing. Currently I have at least five other books I've started on which have the same amount of dedication and talent. When I manage to get a publisher I'll publish them as well when they are finished. This is the first big piece I've put out there that I feel truly shows where I am at in my writing. If you like it, keep in mind this is only part 1, and part 2 is in the works. Any good and constructive feedback is more than welcome. The more feedback I get, the more I will consider there being a part three.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22 Next »

The Innocent Dead

Walking in the sweltering heat towards their fiery graves I wished the heat would just crack me to pieces, turn me to dust and ash so I wouldn't have to face them.
The pile was by the hills. I stopped from afar before continuing after seeing a charred hand. Closing my eyes I thought over and over, I can do this-I have to. I have to so that it never happens again. Letting out a breath, I couldn't see the bodies clearly-they were mostly burned by now, and the toys and clothing on top of them covered my sight. Aside from that, my astigmatism blurred everything in the fire together. I walked quickly and tossed them to the fire, it hissed from the water, and the clothing started to steam. I slowly backed away, and then I spotted something. A little charred leg.
Dropping to my knees, I felt the desert wind blow against my face and bare arms. Bowing my head I said a silent prayer for them, and I got up shakily-knowing I had no time, moving as fast as I could back to the motor home. He was sick-what kind of a monster could do that to children? I was walking towards the monster who did this-I blocked it out of my head before it could convince me to just run.
He was going through the man's clothing when I entered.
“When you shower, make it quick, I'll go after you.”
I nodded and put the sheets in the washer, and stuck the bucket back under the sink.
Pacing fast to the shower, he caught my arm before I made it.
“Here.” he handed me a white shirt with yellow flowers and a pair of shorts.
“Thanks. I should of thought of that.” I nodded at him, and he let go of my arm.
“Be quick, and no locking it.”
I nodded and shut the door.

Water droplets showered my lips, their dead skin revived by the little pools of moisture. I savored the cool droplets flowering my body for ten seconds, and then started scrubbing like mad. I used the dead lady's lily of the valley scented body wash, smearing the gel all over me, and then grabbed her shampoo and scrubbed my scalp, frantic.
Once I finished pat-drying my body as fast as I could with the gardenia towel, I put on the woman's clothing, and plugged in the hairdryer, opening the bathroom door so he knew I was done and wasn't wasting water. It took a while to dry my hair because it was so long, so I only got it done half-way figuring the heat of the desert would do the rest.
I dropped the dryer as I looked in the mirror to see his rugged, unshaven face peering back at me.
I put on a straight face and turned to him, “Find anything interesting?” I asked brazenly, trying to divert his mind from whatever he was thinking about me.
He opened the paper thin door and walked into the tiny bathroom, his body close to mine as he looked down at my face and hair. He gently grabbed a strand of it with his dirty hand and brought it to his nose inhaling.
“You smell like roses.” his deep voice complemented.
You just killed children! I wanted to yell and scream at him, try and fight-and I smelled like roses because I used a dead woman's shampoo. My mind reeled.
“Ah-I think there's some AXE body wash in here,” I opened the curtain and grabbed the bottle handing it to him. “I used her flower body wash, it worked really good, but I'm sure you don't want to smell like a lady.” I smiled awkwardly at him as I grabbed my dirty clothing and slid past his muscular chest and into the little hall. “He has raz-I mean, we have razors now too, they're in the second drawer below the sink. Along with the shaving lotion.” I informed.
He nodded. “They have Georgia Peach tea.” he said, as if testing or suggesting something to me.
I remembered singing 'Georgia Peaches' with Jen in the car. He was watching me, expecting.
“Good. I like that flavor.” I said, blinking in surprise, knowing now for certain he had been in that car, tracking us from the beginning.
“So do I.”
I nodded, “I'll have a look around-I'm not going anywhere, alright?”
The consequences of what would otherwise happen, were in his eyes.
“I'll hear you if you leave this trailer.”
I nodded, as he shut the door.

Samantha_Lynn_Burke said...
Mar. 5 at 10:49 am:
So I'm only on page 10 and so far, I can't put my laptop down! This is great so far!!!!  

AvrilThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 4 at 1:48 pm:
This book is like one of mine. Somewhat different. very Good though its awesome. I like the way you worded it.

OliveTreeLover said...
May 1, 2013 at 2:27 pm:
Great Book!!!!!!!!!!!

KateLA replied...
May 9, 2013 at 1:11 am :
Thank you so much!

Amina157 said...
Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:13 am:
Your story is amazing, i only post poems on teenink but may post some of my novels in future, I would love to be as good as you, your so talented and personally this is the best thriller I've read!!! Xx

KateLA replied...
Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:55 pm :
Thanky you very much, let me know if you would like me to return the favor and comment on some of your articles, and whether there are any spesific poems you might want me to take a look at :-)

. said...
This was absoulutly amazing!! I couldn't put it down! It was awesome. My heart was beating the entire time! My stomach was making the little flip-flops!! I loved it!! Keep writing!

KateLA replied...
Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:28 am :
Thank you so much! Let me know if you would like me to return the favor and comment on one of your articles, just leave your screen name and the article you would like me to comment on :-)

Nimra Shaikh said...
Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:12 pm:
That would be so sweet!!! Thank you :D

KateLA replied...
Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:28 pm :
Sure, I'd love to return the favor :-)

Nimra said...
Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:10 pm:
This story is so frightening and catching that I coudln't put it down, Katherine!!! You'll turn out to be a very good writer very soon!!! :D Best of Luck!!!

KateLA replied...
Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:26 am :
Thank you! If you would like me to return the favor and comment on one of your stories just let me know which one you would prefer, I'd be happy to.

sweetangel4lifeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:48 am:
this is incredible and astonishing. i was terrified for the life of the characters, the whole time feeling appreciation for your writing skills. i was captivated by the thrill. u are waaaayy talented. keep writing :)

KateLA replied...
Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:22 am :
Thank you very much, if there's any specific article you want me to comment on just let me know which one :-)

sweetangel4lifeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:54 am :
you're welcome. if you could read my story "falling in love..." yeah lol ik i hate the title but i couldnt think of anything when i posted it. thanks :) keep writing:)

KateLA replied...
Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:56 pm :
Don't worry about your title :-), mine's the one that sounds really weird, lol. I'll leave a comment!

Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:29 pm :
lol thanks. i just replied to your comment. well keep writing :)

MJLoverNerdThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:22 am:
Wow this story was amazing! Please tell me you're getting published or better yet this is turning into a movie! This story was just perfect beyond words, and had me to the edge of my seat the whole time I was reading it. The only thing I would want is John alive :( lol you just want him to live but how the story came to you noneoftheless was perfect anyways. Very good job you're an exceptionally talented writer.

KateLA replied...
Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:03 pm :
Thank you so much your comment made my day :-)

BabyGirl123o said...
I love it! it may have tok me a second but I loved it please go  comment on my picture itd called "Ushios Princess Form" it tok me almost 6 months to make it prefect hope you like it