New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Paradise

Author's note: I'm not sure what made me write this piece. After I had came back from Florida, I was bored and just started typing.
Author's note: I'm not sure what made me write this piece. After I had came back from Florida, I was bored and just started typing.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4

Chapter 4: Fair and Square

I searched about thirty rooms and had no clue where they could be. I decided to check the last room at the end of the hall. It said 101, which made me really confused. I thought there were only one hundred rooms in this butchery. I opened the door to see nothing but cobwebs. I brushed them out of my face. I stepped on a loose piece of wood, which made it creak really loud. I saw something dark get closer and closer to my head. Right at the last second, I ducked. I looked behind me to see and axe in the wall. I began to breathe really fast. A huge piece a wood, the size of a tree trunk, came from one side of the wall. It hit me and I went flying. I hit the wall and hit my head on the table. Fortunately, I didn’t get knocked out. I decided to get out of that room before I got killed. Luckily, I got out safely. I sat down and had to think.
“Ten minutes left. You shouldn’t be sitting.” he said.
“Get up Caitlin!” Mom yelled through the speakers. I heard a slap after that.
I got up and ran to our room. Brittany locked herself inside the bathroom. I banged on the door and she yelled at me to get out. She got out of the bathroom and I handed her the pepper spray. We ran out of the room trying to find our parents.
“There’s a place out back.” Brittany suggested.
“No, he said it was inside.” I said thinking. “Inside! He means under here. The creaky board in room 101. Lets go!”
We ran into the room and once we got inside we were careful to find the squeaky door and duck just in time. We went down stairs leading to a basement. There were cows hanging on hooks ready to be sliced n’ diced and chickens hanging by their feet. Brittany and I almost threw up at the sight. We walked silently through the meat chamber, weaving in and out through cows. We came to another room where there was Mom, Randy, and three other people. It looked like the family the guy was talking about, but he said there were four of them.
“So, I’ve seen you’ve won the game.” he said.
“Yes, fair and square.” I said. “Now let my parents go.”
“But not fair and square. I said if YOU could find your parents. You and your sister found your parents. I’ll give you a second chance though. If you find their son, I will let all of you go. If you don’t find him, all of you die.”
“How long do I have?”
“Ten minutes starting now.”
I ran up all the stairs as fast as I could because I knew where the kid was. I ran to room 9 where all the manikins were. I opened the door to find more manikins then I had seen before and doll heads hanging from the ceiling.
“Kid? Are you in here? I saw you yesterday and I’m here to save you and your family. I saw them in the basement.” I said looking around. A manikin fell over and a saw a boy running out of the room. I began chasing him. He tripped and I jumped and grabbed his foot. “I’m not going to hurt you!”
“That’s what that guy said and then he locked me in the room and starved me!” he yelled and kicked me in the nose.
“Kid, get back here! He has my family too and if you don’t come with me, our families are going to die!” I yelled and he stopped.
“You better not be lying.” he said and came with me.
When went downstairs into the basement to meet our family members. They had all been blindfolded. The creep was standing there with a butcher knife.
“What are you doing?” I said. “I found the boy just like you said. You have to let our families go, it’s part of the deal.”
“Sweety, I lie a lot.” he said and was about to swing when the boy sprayed him with pepper spray. The man screamed in pain. I pulled my pocket knife and threw it to him.
“I have been wanting to do this for years.” the boy said to the man and stabbed him. The manager fell to the floor with a shocked look of pain. We stared at him as the blood poured out of his back and onto the floor. After all of the screaming and him moving, he suddenly stopped, dead. We walked over to our families and untied them. They hugged us and cried.
After that all the cops came and investigated the scene. When the cops told us we could go my mom got in the car as fast as she could and we drove away. After all that craziness, I honestly think we are going to stay in a hotel in a city the next time we go on a trip.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4