Alice. That's all I'm permitted to say.

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

Ch. 3

“So Alice invited you over, huh? And you accepted, huh. Not many people are courageous enough to. Scared of me, I suppose.”
I nodded without thinking and she looked a bit hurt. “You think I’m scary?”
I didn’t know how to answer that. “Yes, well no and yes-I DON’T KNOW!”
The look was gone in an instant. “Calm down, Cowboy. It was just a question. I wasn’t expecting an answer anyhow. “ Then she poked her head up the staircase and shouted, “ALICE! GET YOUR TINY BUTT OUT HERE!” I guess she was tired of talking to me.
A groggy Alice walked down the stairs. Her eyes were still close. “My butt’s bigger than yours.” She said, in a matter-of-fact way. When this didn’t start a fight, she asked, “is Cassidiot here yet?” I was about to yell something indigenous but Madeline signaled for me to say quiet. “No. I don’t think she’s coming. The neighbor’s are having big a party- she’s there.”
Silence. Then, “I really slept that late?”
“Yeah.”
Then Alice started to walk back up the stairs and I shouted “Wait!”
“Cassidy? You’ve been here this whole time?”
I swallowed nervously. “Uh yes.”
Silence.
“Let’s go.” She grabbed her bag and headed out the door, I followed. A few yards behind. When the door was closed, I could hear melodious laughter.
Alice was grumbling something about Madeline needing to “get a life and some friends” and I kind of had to agree.
I loved Madeline and I still do to this day its just that Madeline is much much older than she looks or behaves.
In fact, she has the maturity of a 7 year old. She likes potty humor more than anyone else I know and is constantly making references to it.

A few minutes later, when Alice was back in good humor, I asked, “So where are we going?” It seemed to me that Alice was mindlessly wandering around, maybe walking off her anger. But it also seemed to me that we were lost.

Jonesychic said...
May 25, 2012 at 8:32 pm:
this is amazing! I can't wait to read more! Mind checking out my work though?

Surobhi_Moitrayee said...
Jan. 9, 2012 at 2:36 am:
impressive you are an awesome author keep writing...!!