Alice. That's all I'm permitted to say.

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

Chapter 2

The next morning when I awoke, my clock read 6:05 AM. I climbed out of my warm, snug bed and got out my diary.

Diary-
I am still alive miraculously.
Today I have to go to Alice’s. She says there’s someone she wants me to meet. Probably an ex-con that she wants me to hide in my room and throw sausages to everyday. So if I don’t live to write another entry and someone finds this and hopes for a clue to how I died: I WAS INNOCENT! IT WAS ALL ALICE!
And if she says I stole her watch, she’s lying. She lost it on the bus.
Anyway, I better get prepared. I’m bringing my pepper-spray too in case things get out of hand. (Actually my pepper-spray is really just water. It has the same affect on Alice that it has on cats.)
So long world.
Peace.
-Cassidy Owens

I closed the book shut and slid it under my mattress.
My clock glowed 6:10 AM so I got dressed and packed up my stuff.
I left the house at 7:45 and biked over to Alice’s. She lived about a mile away from me. I paced myself perfectly and was right on time when I arrived at her place. Except the house looked empty.

I knocked on the door a few times. No answer. Panicked, I repeatedly attempted to click the broken doorbell. Nothing. I ran around back, and looked for a pebble to throw at her bedroom window. I found a rock about the same size as my fist.
I was about to throw it when someone yanked my arm backwards.
“STOP!” I cried, as I dropped the rock. I was sure my arm was going to fall out of its socket any second now. When they didn’t, I repeated everything I had ever heard Derek Cunnings say, and my arm was free.

“Whoa, whoa!” I heard Madeline say. Worried I had offended Alice’s much older sister, I turned to apologize. Then I saw that she had a big grin on her face.
“I didn’t know you had that in your vocabulary, Miss Potty Mouth.” I smiled nervously. “Yeah, uh, I didn’t either.” She laughed. I have always liked her laugh.
It’s booming yet at the same time pleasant and polite.
Then her face went back its usual bored expression. “But seriously, what were you planning to do with this?” She picked up my rock. “Going to wake Alice,” I said, quietly. “I don’t think she’d be too happy.” She put it back in my hand. Then I understood what she meant. It was a chunk of cement. My face reddened. “’S Kay,” she patted my head and then led me inside.

Jonesychic said...
May 25, 2012 at 8:32 pm:
this is amazing! I can't wait to read more! Mind checking out my work though?

Surobhi_Moitrayee said...
Jan. 9, 2012 at 2:36 am:
impressive you are an awesome author keep writing...!!