New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Home > Novel (Fiction) > Thriller/Mystery > INFINITY: Part Two

INFINITY: Part Two

Eric C.
INFINITY: Part Two
Summary: “GEORGE!!!”

It’s coming from right in front of us. Dad is sprawled on the ground in front of us, several thorns wrapped around his body. And they’re tugging at him--pulling him under the ground.

I grab Dad’s hand and struggle with all my might. Dad grits his teeth as I pull as hard as I can. The thorns are stronger--much stronger. Just when I think I can’t do it, Kaylee begins helping me and we struggle to pull Dad away from the evil grip of the thorns.

Unfortunately, it has no effect.

Dad tries as hard as he can, but the thorns prevail. He’s dragged under the ground, pulling us with him. We slide past the thorns and find ourselves plummeting into darkness. I’m so surprised I don’t even cry out. I just croak and listen to Kaylee’s high pitched scream. Then, lights flash around us. We begin speeding up, shooting through the void at high speed. Then, more flashes appear around us, and we’re plummeting through the earth as fast as light. The world turns into a blur, and Kaylee’s screaming fades into nothing as we fall further and further...

Everything goes dark. There’s a long silence. An unbroken silence...

Freckles3This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Awesome!!!!!! If I were in their situation I'd probably swim off the island and end up back on the island..... And then jump off a cliff and kill myself!

Outside-the-BoxThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 26, 2013 at 8:20 pm :
I probably would, too, trust me

Odyesseus said...
Seems kind like Jurassic Park.But I like anyway

kingofwritersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 13, 2012 at 9:30 pm :
It sort of was inspired by Jurassic Park; thanks for commenting!

LifesIllusion said...
This is a really great start to an amzing story line! If you keep it up, it could be 10 times better though. One thing I thought you could've done better, would have been using descrptive words throughout the story. If I were you I would focus on that. But otherwise, a great story!

Nov. 25, 2011 at 7:19 am :

Thanks! And I am continuing this! I've gotta write Infinity: Part Three and then I'll submit it!

By the way, if you haven't read Infinity: Part One yet, it's also in the Thriller/Mystery section!

LifesIllusion replied...
Nov. 25, 2011 at 9:10 am :
I'll definitly check it out!

BelleMoiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I really love it. The story line is so creative, I just love it. It'll be amazing when you're done with all the novels :)

Nov. 21, 2011 at 5:01 am :
Thanks so much! :)

Emiri said...
Again, with part 1 and now this part, I love the plot. it's itneresting, and the tentacle creature was the best. But it would be a more powerful-and longer, which is an important part of a novel- piece if you explained actions in greater detail. propelled- how did it feel to be proppeled through the air? you know, things like that. otherwise, nice job.

Jappyalldayeveryday said...
This is wonderful :) I really love it and think it will make a great novel one day if you don't give up on it. Of course it's not finished, could use more descriptions (of the forest and island), and more details (where's the mother?), and some romance, but that's all up to you. Either way it's still great and probably the best thing I've read on this site so far. Keep writing!

Nov. 16, 2011 at 5:00 am :

Thanks! I'll try to add the things you mentioned into the story.

By the way, don't forget to rate the story!

Nov. 18, 2011 at 3:30 pm :
Need more viewers! O_o