New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Who are you?

Author's note: The idea behind this story was to tell the life of the teenage girl who had everything going for...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: The idea behind this story was to tell the life of the teenage girl who had everything going for her. It shows exactly what does happen behind closed doors. A heart breaking story that will keep you wanting more  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Kat A.K.A Cupcake A.K.A Katrice Santiago

She was beautiful, talented, perfect, and funny. She was everyone’s best friend.
Why did she have to go?

It was a normal day, or about as normal as it was going to get. I was sitting in my chair as usual. Then Joe walked in. Joelouis Martinez, a weird name but it matched for a weird person. I hated to admit it but I’d probably never get over him. It’s kind of hard to when he’s in your every waking thought, and even in your dreams. The class period went by in a whirl
Each chapter is told through the different friends and family of Kat. Each new paragraph is a different person.
and soon we were leaving. As I was heading to my next class I heard the voice from behind me. “Kat get over here” Uh oh.

Katrice Santiago was kind of a weird girl. She would be all out hyper one day. Then freakishly quiet the next. She didn’t like to show her emotions, but sometimes she couldn’t hide them. Everyone knew her, there was no helping it, and she was too friendly not to know her. But her boyfriend was a jerk. I still think she should have got with that Joe guy. But that’s just my opinion.

Angel Barkley was the biggest jerk on the face of the planet!!!!! No one liked him, no one!! Especially with the way he was treating Cupcake. That girl was my best friend. I just wished she had seen him for the jerk he really was. But Kat always looked past the bad and tried to see the good in people. That was her biggest flaw and why she got hurt so much.

It’s Angel! He’s calling me. I’d better answer before he gets mad at me. “Yes Angel dear?” I answer him smiling. “Where do you think you’re going? I told you I was gonna walk you to class” “Oh I was just going to the water fountain” “Well hurry it up” I rush to the water fountain and drink. “Now lets go” I follow him obediently to class, glad I got out of that without a beating.

Sometimes I wish Kat hadn’t been with Angel. I mean he was an ok guy. But he did have some problems. I would know I’m his sister; I had to live with him. The doctors said that he had anger problems. At first I didn’t believe them. Then he started yelling at me and being ugly towards me. Later he got with Kat and I thought things would be better. Then they were for a while. But Kat stopped coming to our house quite as often. And she would show up with bruises after one of their “dates”. I should have known then. But Kat always said she fell down or she hit herself. And I was the fool who believed her. If only I could change what I didn’t say. I feel like it’s my fault. And somehow I think it is.

April was one of the best friends I had. Even if she was Angel’s sister she was still a sweetheart. We were close, real close. And she was probably the only one who had ever seen what he’d done to me. No, no I shouldn’t think that. I love Angel and he cares about me. Oh who am I kidding he’s cruel and abusive, but underneath that is the amazing guy I love. Or the amazing guy I use to love……

Kat was cool. And she was different. She wasn’t like most girls, she was crazy and wild. She had plans for herself. She was gonna go places!! She was gonna be a star. What she didn’t expect to happen was to die at age 17. but not everything you want happens and sometimes the things you don’t want come true. But that just the way life is. But I still wonder who exactly it was that killed her. They think were stupid “she died of natural causes” they say. Natural causes? Yeah right she was perfectly healthy. And if it was natural causes then why weren’t we aloud to look in the casket??

Class is over. And I have to go home with Angel. Oh God why can’t it be like it use to? We use to have so much fun together. We would go to movies and hang out at the park where we met. But that was before he stopped taking his medication. Oh wait here comes Joe, but Angel is down the hall, if he sees me talking to him he’ll kill me. Please walk by; please walk by, “Hey Kat!” Oh no he’s talking to me. And here comes Angel. “No Joe I don’t think we had homework today” Joe looks puzzled but still at least Angel won’t get mad. “Hello Joe” “Hello Angel” Oh great there talking to each other. “Come on Kat we gotta go were gonna be late” Wait what’s going on? Angel sounds nice for once. Maybe he took his medication. Maybe, just maybe, but I’m not so sure. With Angel you never know……

I watched my brother and Kat walking out of the building. He looked really happy. I hadn’t seen him that happy in a long time. Maybe he took his medicine?? Who knows? But still I had an uneasy feeling. Hopefully Kat would be all right.

I was in a good mood that day. I don’t know what it was but I was feeling great. I decided I was gonna take Kat out to eat, then maybe to the park. I had a question for her. And who knows maybe I’d get the answer I wanted? Kat seemed good too. Maybe it’s the weather that’s gotten all of us. Today seemed like the day to ask her. I planned on having fun with my girlfriend that day.

Kat? Kat? Oh yea I remember Kat. That was Angel’s girl, the one who got killed. Man it seems like only yesterday Angel took her to the park and asked her to be his forever. She even said yes too. Too bad she died, they were meant for each other.

I couldn’t believe it. Lunch was so beautiful, eating at the fanciest hotel in town. And to top it all off he’s taking me to the park. “Come on Kat were almost there” wow his voice is so gentle today. I missed things being this way. I’m glad he’s back to his old self. I missed him being like this. “Kat I have something to ask you” “yes Darling?” Oh wait is he really? Oh God he’s getting down on one knee! “Kat will you be my one and only, my reason to live, and the one I wake up to every morning?” “Oh My God Yes Angel!!!” I threw my arms around him and kissed him more than I ever had before. This really was a perfect day.

NO she can’t have him!!! He’s mine, mine I say!!! Only I can have him!!! You’ll pay for this Kat, Pay!!!!!!!

It was perfect. Absolutely perfect!!! My parents both said yes I’m getting married to Angel!!! But wait what about Joe??? Oh what about him he doesn’t even like me. Anyways I have Angel and that’s all I need.

The news had spread around school in one day. That was it, Kat was gone. I had lost my chance. To bad, there was no reason she would ever like poor little Joe. She had Angel. And she’ll be fine. No need for me. Oh well. If only Joe knew how wrong he really was.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

TwinnBears27 said...
The style you used to right this works really well for the story. I think it could have flowed a little better, but the plot is really interesting.

CarrieAnn13 said...

Okay, this has a good concept, but I have some criticisms:

1.  Please proofread your work.  You have misspellings, improper punctuation and errors in grammar.

2.  Dialogue goes on a separate line, especially when there is a new speaker.  This helps to avoid reader confusion.

3.  Don't use double, triple and sometimes quadruple punctuation.  "Oh no!!!" is a juvenile way of conveying excitement.  If you use your exclamation points sparingl... (more »)

RockGirl182This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 31, 2011 at 11:51 pm:
This is sooooooo great, please please please write more !!!