The Black Arrow Murders

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Next »

Chapter One: Black Arrow

Black Arrow Minnesota is a small farm town of only two-thousand people. Not much happens in this little town and the people are mostly farmers. Noah Finch is seventeen and has always dreamed of leaving Black Arrow. Noah and his older brother Charlie live alone on the old Finch farm after their parents past away in a car accident. Charlie is twenty-four and has always been there for Noah like a good big brother.

No one lives anywhere near the Finch farm except there is an old abandoned red house a mile down the road. It used to belong to old man Brown but no one knows where he went. Some say old man brown died and is still in the house but town folk and the sheriff have been in the house and haven’t seen old man Brown in the house. Others say they saw Brown in the forest by a campfire at night but it can’t be proven that old man Brown is still alive. Old man Brown once had a family but his wife left him and his daughter died while camping with Brown.

There is only one school in Black Arrow and that is where Noah is about to start his senior year. Noah isn’t much of a social person but in a small town there are only six hundred kids at the school. Noah’s class is only eighty students. Including a girl Noah has had a crush on since she moved to Black Arrow back in the second grade. Grace Simmons was a beautiful brunette, with brown eyes. Grace and Noah weren’t really friends but they’ve talked a few times over the years and every time Noah just babbled like an idiot.

Noah’s best and only friend was Brandon Pearson. Brandon’s family was filthy rich. They owned one of the biggest farms in Minnesota. The Pearson’s are the richest people in Black Arrow and often flaunted their wealth to others. They weren’t well liked because of it and that made Brandon a social outcast just like Noah.

A week after school started Noah was walking home from school and he noticed a few moving trucks driving down the street to the old abandoned Brown House.

Masey400 said...
Great plot concept. It sounds very interesting. I think you should have made the detailed descriptions more gradual-said the whole thing about the 17 year old kid having dreamed of leaving his whole live when he gets in a fight with his parents or something.

Ashley_Tucker said...
The entire first chapter was information overload. We don't need to know everyones life story before the actual story begins. Take your first paragraph for instance. Let us know this is all taking place in Black Arrow within the first page or two along with how much he hates the town. Towards the end of the first chapter let us find out that his parents died. That's heart renching stuff! But if I only know the boys name and where he is, how am I supposed to feel bad for him when you bring up tha... (more »)

DarkMountain said...
Good story! But way too much "telling", in my opinion. Every emotion, action, or aspect of the story was relayed through an "and then this happened" format, which is great for a certain audience. However, I'd work on more of a "showing" approach- it can tear down the barrier between story and reader, and gives it a more real feel. Still, I liked the story a lot. Good work.

Ewburt said...
Nov. 12, 2011 at 10:27 am:
how did this get to #2 LOL

kitkat said...
I liked it. 3/10

KangarooHulabaloo said...
Cool story, I would just say that if you revise it, it will definitely be smoother

Azrael said...
it was gud and needed to sloe down a bit but i luved it :)

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
nightstalker part three, four, and five is now out! Go check it out if you liked the first and second! :)(:

Marlo said...
Aug. 13, 2011 at 11:01 am:
Could have beenn better, man. It had its moments but overall felt lacking. Still liked it though.

Xxx B. said...
May 19, 2011 at 8:51 pm:
......woah.

Alec.M.Strong replied...
May 22, 2011 at 12:57 am :
what do you mean woah?

fc barca 10 said...
May 1, 2011 at 12:22 pm:
what can I say about this story, AWESOME! keep writing! I can't wait to read your next work!

mac123 said...
Apr. 30, 2011 at 8:35 am:
Best book I've read on here! awesome story! please keep writing!!!

Beautiful Jaz said...
this book was great, fascinating story and definetly a ending I didn't expect. Well done!

PJD17 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 23, 2011 at 5:48 pm:
Great story! i love this kind of work  mystery genre is my favorite   Could you please take a look at and comment on my story Manso's Shame

Alec.M.Strong replied...
Mar. 23, 2011 at 9:12 pm :
thank you! I'll get to it when I can i've got lots going on now but I will get to it! :D

vikingfan1018 said...
Feb. 17, 2011 at 1:42 pm:
Thank you for the support!

Timekeeper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 22, 2011 at 8:05 pm :
This is neat, it was cool to be able to read the entire thing all the way through, but it was a little short! I look forward to your next work!

Alec.M.Strong replied...
Feb. 22, 2011 at 10:03 pm :
It is a bit short but it is a children's book, can't have it to long. I also plan to extend it a bit to add to the story. Thanks!

Blondi said...
Feb. 17, 2011 at 11:28 am:
Good job, Alec!  You have a talent for building suspense, once I started, I couldn't stop reading.  I just had to know what came next.