New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

The Black Arrow Murders

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Next »

Chapter Two: A New Neighbor

When Noah got home he saw Charlie staring out the window down the road watching trucks come and go.

“What’s with the truck at Ol’ Man Brown’s place?” Noah asked.
“I think someone bought the old shack, I would never buy that load of trash.” Charlie responded.
Well Noah went to his room to start on his homework before he did his chores and his phone rings.
“Brandon...” he told himself.
“I’ll call him back later.”
Noah wasn’t very fond of school and he hated homework more then anything. Noah was barely passing his whole life; school just didn’t come easy for him. “Finally.” Noah said to himself as he finished his homework. When he left his room to go do his daily chores he noticed Charlie still staring out the window.
“You know it’s been three hours don’t ya?” He said.
“Yeah, I know. But whoever bought that load of crap house has been bringin stuff there all day.” Charlie said.
“Well I’m gonna go clean out the coop you should start on supper, Charlie.”
Noah said.
“Yeah I know. Whatya want for supper?”
Charlie asked.
“Whatever.” Noah responded.

The only animals that Noah and Charlie owned were three chickens. Noah loved the chickens and he talked to them like friends.
“Afternoon ladies”
Noah said as he walked into the coop. Noah loved spending time in the coop with the chickens; he loved the chickens and they loved him. Except the old rooster that would just sit in the corner of the coop and stare at Noah.
“Why is it that all you do is sit on your lazy butt?” he said to the rooster.
Well the rooster got up when Noah was cleaning the droppings from the chickens and the rooster pecked his butt.
“OW!” he screamed.
“You stupid rooster!” he yelled as the rooster made his was back to his corner and sat.
“Why does the bird hate me so much?” he asked himself as he walked out of the coop.

Charlie wasn’t really good at anything. Dropped out of school at sixteen and didn’t contribute much to the farm when his daddy was alive. He was really bad at cooking. That was probably what he was worst at. Noah got used to his meals always being over or under cooked.

Every night Noah and Charlie would stay up and watch old movies on the old television their parents owned. Pretty much everything was old on the Finch land.

“Are you ever gonna get outta this town?” Noah asked.
“I hope so; I wanna do something with my life instead of workin at Bob’s all my life.” Charlie said
Bob’s was the only restaurant in Black Arrow and Charlie worked there since he was fifteen.

Noah and Charlie weren’t very close. They used to be before their parents passed. Since their parents passed Charlie has kept most things to himself.

vikingfan1018 said...
Feb. 8, 2011 at 8:45 pm:
I hope to start the next one soon thank you for the support

Packers rule said...
Feb. 8, 2011 at 8:33 pm:
Well done! I hope you have another one in the works!!