After life

Author's note: Notta lot to say just read it!
Author's note: Notta lot to say just read it!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3

The end of me

Chapter 3
My heart jumped in my throat. I stared blindly into the yellowed eyes of this hellish man. A terrified squeak came from Kat, who was standing behind me. He cocked the gun and focused on Kat now. His dirty, cracked finger resting on the trigger.
“Well now, running away isn’t such a good idea now is it?” he cackled his brown teeth smiling. I shuddered as he took his aim. A shot rang out and I darted out in front of Kat. I moaned in pain as it spread from my hip and into my leg. I looked down in horror at all the blood spilling. Kat let out a guttural shriek and I knew no more.
I was floating out of body, weightless. I pried my eyes open and looked down the side of my leg. Gone was the nasty tear and obscene blood, my skin was as white and creamy as ever. I smiled and looked around me. I looked to my left and then my right. I was surrounded by puffy pink clouds. Looking down I saw a tiny hole in the clouds. I propelled myself downwards. I reached my hand down tore a bigger hole in the cloud. I saw myself, lying on a hospital bed, I didn’t look alive. I shifted uncomfortably; I didn’t like what I was seeing. I dropped lightly next to myself. I looked passed all the beeping instruments and saw my mother and father sitting on a hard metal bench situated next to me. Mom was sobbing uncontrollably and Dad was sitting there, his face pale white. I waved my hand in front of his face, no response.
“Dad! Yoo Hooo!” I called softly. Nada. I went to tap him on the shoulder and my hand slid through his arm. I removed it quickly, disgusted it was so wrong.
A door opened and in walked a nurse, her shoes squeaking on the linoleum. “Mr. and Mrs. Carson? I have bad news, I don’t believe your daughter is going to make it, the blood loss was too severe and the bullet hit her spinal cord.”
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

Jonesychic said...
Jun. 10, 2011 at 2:27 pm:
i really like this!!!! is t here going to be more? i hope so