Emerald Eyes

Author's note: This book is inspiered by the friends in my life, and also the strangers I have yet to meet.
Author's note: This book is inspiered by the friends in my life, and also the strangers I have yet to meet.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

My World

It is about 7 o’clock in the morning when we arrived at an old wooden house by the Florida coast. The cool ocean mist reaches my face instantly. The house has only two rooms and one bathroom. As we enter, I realize this was prepared. It is hidden and is definitely far from home.
That night I climb into my bed, the old springy mattress poking my back. Tim comes into the small room. His breath smells of liquor and cigarettes. “You be good now and don’t get out of this bed otherwise my shotgun will meet your head.” Tim threatened.
Throughout the night I kept waking up to the sound of hollering men and some CD mix. At about midnight he comes upstairs and yanks me out of bed. I’m introduced to his “friends” as his neighbor. Almost immediately they start to flirt. I try to find at least one normal guy to talk to, but all seem drunk enough to vomit. After about an hour, I sneak upstairs to go to bed, and this time no one wakes me up.
Throughout the weeks Tim would have random parties. Everyone was drunk on either or Corona or red wine. Since I have denied any conversation with anyone, they all seem to ignore me. The party that really gave me a chance to escape was the one at the pier.
Today was the day that I would get back home. Tim and I left around 6 o’clock. When we arrived at the pier, the Ferris wheel and roller coasters were lit up like rainbows. Soon we were heading toward a bar. But when the lady asked for ID, I wasn’t old enough. So I was ordered to stay by the docks. As I watch them disappear, I slowly walk to the exit. But guess who shows up, a friend of Tim’s is there guarding the exit like some social security dude. I quickly turn around and head back to the docks. I would yell for help, but I’m afraid Tim will shoot me; I just keep my mouth shut. I wander off to the end of the dock and dip my feet in the freezing water.
It has been about an hour and they are still not out. There are only about five people on the dock. There is one guy my age, but he is looking down at his feet. I stare at the mirror like water. Suddenly, I hear foot steps behind me. I whip head around to see Tim about to push me in. I scream, and quickly I’m up on my feet, pushing and shoving Tim around. I punch him in the face and a bruise covers his forehead. The deathly look is his makes my heart skip a beat. Swiftly, the teenage boy on the dock has now run over and joined the fight. Tim gives me a shove and I hit my head on the wooden dock. The last thing I remember is Tim splashing in the frigid water and seeing the boy turn around so I see his emerald eyes.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

JonesychicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 4, 2011 at 11:02 pm:
this is good hope u write more!!!!!!!!!

OreoLover said...
May 11, 2011 at 8:07 pm:
What happened next? Why did Tim take her away? Why did he take her to parties? Why is the boy living alon? Doesn't he have family? Its really good so far, you should definetly write more