Emerald Eyes

Author's note: This book is inspiered by the friends in my life, and also the strangers I have yet to meet.
Author's note: This book is inspiered by the friends in my life, and also the strangers I have yet to meet.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Gone-Annie

“Bang!” The sound of yelling and thundering footsteps make me shoot out of my bed. I slip on my pink fluffy slippers and stumble to my mom’s room. Halfway there I stop in my tracks. My sleepy eyes limit my sight, but I manage to get a small glimpse.
My mom and dad got divorced about a year ago. My dad left my mom for a co-worker and was never seen again. My mom and I have been closer than ever before. But soon she started getting behind on bills and so she started to date Tim. He owns the shop Less-Mart on Fifth Avenue. Even though they aren’t “in love” like others, they get along pretty well.
After a couple weeks it got pretty ugly. At first it was just yelling and arguing. But soon I started to see bruises flowering all over Mom’s arms and legs. Mom was like my best friend, so every night I would cry while I tried to shut out my mom’s screams of pain.
The light from my mom’s bedroom soon became clearer as I rub my eyes. “Get away!” I hear my mom screams. I see a glint of a knife in Tim’s hand. I stumble down the hall, now at the doorway of my mom’s room. Tim swiftly turns to me as the floor board creeks. My mom lunges toward him to try and stop him.
I’m frozen in place. I see my mom’s blood-stained face stare at me. I feel my arm being wretched away. The thought of what might happen brings me to tears.
We head to the front door. Its wooden skeleton is almost white from the weather that it has endured. We head down the concrete steps. My cold feet drag behind my ragdoll body. The garden is covered in frost from the night. He drags me to the old blue pick-up truck and I’m shoved into the leather back seats. The scent of beer and tobacco welcome me. As I scrunch up my nose, he starts the car. He pulls out onto the highway. The last thing I see is the glistening yellow light of our porch, slowly fading into the blackness.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Jonesychic said...
Jul. 4, 2011 at 11:02 pm:
this is good hope u write more!!!!!!!!!

OreoLover said...
May 11, 2011 at 8:07 pm:
What happened next? Why did Tim take her away? Why did he take her to parties? Why is the boy living alon? Doesn't he have family? Its really good so far, you should definetly write more