New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

What A Doll

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

1957

Twelve year old Donnalee scattered out of the living room and ran up the winding staircase as her raging father chased her around, grasping a paddle to beat her with, in their beautiful Victorian styled home. The door slammed in his face and he was shaking and beating at the door trying to force it open. It swung open right as she found her doll that she made to look like her father. The house gave her power she never would have had if they were anywhere else. She ripped the dolls head off wishing it was her father, and soon enough, the neck of her father snapped right in front of her and he crashed to the ground as she cried and screamed. She was relieved but so very scared. Her mother was cold hearted and never listened to her or showed her any affection. She just did what her husband told her to with no expression or reply.
Donnalee lit the fireplace, wrapped in a blanket, and waited for her mother to get home, holding the doll in front of her; the one that looked like her mother. Her thoughts drowned her with anxiety. Donnalee’s mother walked in the door shortly after, without any greeting or even a quick glance. She hung her bag and coat on the hooks by the front door and she walked upstairs, calling for her husband, to ask him what he’d like for dinner. She walked past Donnalee’s room and slowly stepped back for a double take. She was silent and slowly walked to him with a tear in her eye. As she screamed, Donnalee snapped the neck of the doll she made of her mother, and grabbed a hold of the doll sitting on the ground beside her. This doll was her. She grabbed a small knife from the kitchen drawer, and stabbed the doll three times in the chest and she fell to the ground. Her heart stopped beating instantly.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »