New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

The Devil's Pawn

Author's note: I finished this for a friend. I wrote it for anyone who has a soft spot for Mystery/Thrillers.
Author's note: I finished this for a friend. I wrote it for anyone who has a soft spot for Mystery/Thrillers.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next »

Eyes of a Dead Girl

My Mother Chandra was an athletic, tall and beautiful woman. She was also carefree, wild, and disobedient.
She often ran in the forest behind our house every morning before breakfast, and this time she would meet someone from her past.
She didn’t take her normal route through the woods today, the person she would meet unintentionally would change her life forever…
She was running at full speed, but she came to a dead stop when an awful smell of decay filled her nostrils.
For some reason it made her want to speak up and say something. But no words came out, and as she was overwhelmed by the smell of decay bile gathered in her closed mouth.
When she couldn’t hold back the feeling of sickness to her stomach anymore, she puked next to the source of the smell: a body. The body was that of a blonde haired and blue eyed girl. She screamed in terror when she first saw the eyes of the dead girl.
“Hello?” no answer, but the second time he would reply.
“Hello?” she called again.
There was a quick movement of feet from somewhere behind her, but before she could turn around to see their face, a masculine hand already covered her mouth and a cold knife was already to her throat.
“You’re caught in the middle, always in my way and I don’t like it!”
She shuddered and tried to find her voice, but still nothing came.
“You shouldn’t be here,” his voice warned her, almost like he was concerned for her wellbeing.
He began to lightly press his knife blade on her throat on the smoother side of it. He just wanted to scare her after all, not harm her.
“You better not tell anyone about this, or you’ll pay I promise you that,” he spat menacingly.
He took his pocket knife and began to sheathe and unsheathe it in thought. He then threw her backwards on the ground, where she fell like she weighed nothing.
He advanced on her, as she began to crawl away. “Do you really think I care about human lives?” he directed the question at her.
“You must care about something,” she insisted.
He looked at her in shock as if she had spit on him.
“You think I care about you? You are human, so you are nothing! he yelled. “If you tell I will know about it. And one of your family members will pay, I promise. I can make you feel their pain worse than they feel it, so don’t cross me,” his words were venomous.
She began to fight, until he voluntarily let her go. She stumbled, nearly falling on her face.
“Oh, and Chandra,” she turned to face him. “I’ll be watching you. Meet me at The Eternal Night club tomorrow night. Maybe we can forget any of this happened and get on each other’s good side. You never know, it could actually be fun.”