New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

The Devil's Pawn

Author's note: I finished this for a friend. I wrote it for anyone who has a soft spot for Mystery/Thrillers.
Author's note: I finished this for a friend. I wrote it for anyone who has a soft spot for Mystery/Thrillers.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

Puppet, Puppeteer

Her Mother would kill her if she caught her hanging out with her boyfriend, the one they tried so hard to keep her away from by sending her away to a ward.
She looked behind her, and let out a sigh of relief when she realized he was no longer after her. He was the reason she got sent there to begin with. He had emotionally pushed her over the edge.
My Parents,’ I know did it to protect me, but they just can’t protect me from him. We will always cross paths, and he will always find me. ‘’Cause we will always have secrets, that’s what got me into this mess. There is no escaping him either. He can influence my actions from afar, like I am his puppet, and he the puppeteer.
I am blood bonded to him and I have to do whatever he wants, no matter how much I want to refuse his wishes I can’t. I can run from him, yes but I can’t control my life maybe before, but not after I met him. He influences my choices especially the choices that worst affect me.
She never ran from anything, just him because it was him she feared. She had killed and she had done it for someone else, someone she loved. The question she asked herself now was why.
But she didn’t know why. Maybe because she knew her parents’ wouldn’t come for her and she wanted out; Maybe because she loved him, or maybe just because she owed him for getting her out of there.
She went through the list of possibilities and knew only one truly fit her situation now. Her life was on the line, or it would be if she didn’t do what he asked of her.