Home > Novel (Fiction) > Thriller/Mystery > The Ace of Spades

The Ace of Spades

MarisaCoulterCrazyWriter
The Ace of Spades
Summary: Kay Raherro is an shady outsider in the small, western town of Hercules, earning a living by working in favors and living on the second floor of a restaurant owned by her business partner, Antonio. When a town legislator sends her on the hunt for three dangerous outlaws, it brings out her secret passion, and her hidden past: detective work.

IMSteelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 18, 2013 at 3:42 pm:
I read the rest, and I must say, I can't wait to find out what happens next!  I've written more of The Voyages of the Waved Albatross, so if you want to read it, its there.  But that's up to you.  Keep writing!

AthenaMarisaDeterminedbyFateThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 18, 2013 at 10:12 pm :
Oh, you did? Cool! And thanks for keeping up with this story! I don't get much feedback on it most of the time.

Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:55 am:
I love the story, it is original, and mysterious.  The description and imagery is fantastic, though it has room for improvment, as all of our stories do.  This is one of the few books that really have potential.   The only things that need some work:  The dialogue.  It's great, but you should make it more like wild-west speech.  Some sentances made me trip a little, but that can easily be remedied.  Otherwise, a great story, ... (more »)

Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:50 am:
I have only read the first two chapters, I'll finish the others later, I promise.  I love the story, it's one of the few that I think have real potential.  The description and imagery is fantastic, though it has room for improvment, as all of our stories do.  The only things that do need some work are:  The dialogue, it is very good dialogue, but you should make sound a bit more like wild-west speech.  Some of the sentences make me trip a little bit, but that c... (more »)

Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:40 am :
Thanks, I'll look out for it!

IMSteelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:11 pm :
My story has been posted, I hope you like it!

Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:22 pm :
Oh, and, sorry that I wrote my comment twice, the first one didn't show up when I wrote it. 

Snowflakes said...
Wow! This is absolutley amazing! I really love how you've described your characters, Kay sounds absolutley awesome haha! 
From what I've read of you so far, you're probably one of my favourite wrtiers on TeenInk, I just love how creative you are! I think you should prolong ths book, and get it finished - it would probably be something that would get easily published :') Love it!

Oct. 28, 2012 at 3:40 pm :
Thanks! :)