Growing Under the Moonlight: Magipoka

Author's note: Each Chapter is its own short story. There is an underlying, continuous story, but it dies away....  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Each Chapter is its own short story. There is an underlying, continuous story, but it dies away. The first half is about each individual character. They're episodes taken virtually straight from the TV series.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »

Prologue

Four girls have come to the human world from the Netherworld: the witch, Yuuma; the vampires, Pachira; the werewolf, Liru; and the android, Aiko. The four of them are princesses. Unbeknownst to the humans around them, what will happen now?

Momotaro is an old Japanese fairytale about a boy who falls to Earth in a giant peach from the heavens, and is found by an old, childless couple. They nurture him and when he gets old enough he leaves on a quest to rid the ‘oni’ or demons from the land. Along the way he encounters a dog, a monkey and a pheasant, that help him to victory.

Someone pushed Pachira down in broad daylight, and the box atop her head fell, causing her skin to begin to burn violently. She ran off, screaming. That night the people of the village tracked her down and ran her out of their community. Had it not been for the wings she could, but hated to grow, they would have teased her, and hurt her, maybe worse, because of this difference she could not help, and tried so hard to hide. She flew across the forest in the night, looked back with her watery eyes to the people staring up at her holding their torches and pitchforks.
Yuuma was with a circus, and her ability to perform real magic, but mask it as if it were mere human tricks, made her a living. But one night the circus caught fire from someone’s act, and there was no water nearby, which forced her to use her powers to conjure water from the skies and put the fires out, saving lives. Still, that spectacle terrified the people, and they threw her into the woods and left her behind.
Liru always lied about the whisker-like scars on her cheeks; that wasn’t hard. But the big, fuzzy ears on the top of her head were something else. She always wore a big hat that just barely fit those big ears into it. It didn’t look good though, and while she was about to go into the modeling world, as she’d been told she was beautiful a number of times, at a dinner she was invited to in order to discuss this career, she was forced to take the hat off. They too, shunned her from society.
The wars humans waged were getting too dangerous to participate in, so they began to develop androids to fight for them. In the first batch produced, however, they found a severe bug…
“We’re disposing of this?”
“We have no choice. They found a flaw in its logic system. It’s not safe to use a system that cannot properly identify its target.”
“I hope nothing bad happens.”

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

JeMappelleDamon said...
Mar. 31, 2012 at 10:19 pm:
I love this, Classic, fantastic read, another hit from the young master LaFave