New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

The Beholder

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next »

Chapter Two

The men took her inside of the abandoned chapel, where inside a huge dark figure was bent over, and looked nothing like a human had its back towards them. The only light inside was the small amount of sunlight that pored through the single circular window near the worn down doors. Once the creature turned around to face my mother, it revealed a horrid sight of what was his face. As I looked into the face of the demon it looked like a combination of every person’s face that monster has devoured. The creature looked straight into my mother’s face, and in the beasts heartless eyes exposed the sight of hunger. It opened its mouth and let out the most petrifying noise I have ever heard. It sounded like an accumulation of people’s moaning and screaming with a mixture of both pain and suffering.
The men gripping my mother’s arms pushed her abruptly and harshly towards the creature, and opened their mouth screeching the word sacrifice. The word bounced off the chapel’s walls creating echoes that sent chills up my spine. The one man crept closer towards my mother with a dagger in his hand. Soon enough she felt the blade slice the back of her neck. My mother cried out in agony, as she turned around roughly out of their grip and punched the man hard across the face. The blow of her punch knocked the man out cold. The man cracked his head hit the ground and his mask went flying off his face.
I watched as he lay there motionlessly as his blood pooled around his body, his soul soon rose out of his dead corpse, and was quickly gulp down by the unkempt beast. “Here take your sacrifice!” My mother yelled as she grabbed the dagger out of the dead man’s hand, and threatened to stab the other man who stood there bewildered as he watched his brother bleed. He looked away from his brother and up at my mother as he stared at her his eyes raging full of anger. My mother put the dagger in the inside of her boot and ran out the door.
The gypsy let my hands free with a smile that played at the corner of her mouth. I gave her a weak smile in return and whispered a thank you under my breath. I felt a little lightheaded as I began to pace the street towards the chapel. Soon I spotted my mother in the crowd. She was running out of the chapel’s doors swiftly coming towards my direction; I ran over to meet her.
“Mom! I was so worried about you, Are you ok?” I asked my voice thick with worry. I stopped a few feet away from her, and realized she was walking funny. As she got closer her face was white as snow. I could see she was walking with a stagger as she held her hand tightly to her lower abdomen.
“MOM!” I yelled as I hurried to her. I stared in terror down at her hands, and found blood seeping through her fingers. My heart dropped in the pit of my stomach, and I instantly felt sick with fear. I screamed on the top of my lungs; screaming for help, as I watched my wounded mother fall to the ground. I knelt down at her side, and looked at her through glossy eyes.
“No, mamas no, please don’t go! You’re all I have left” I cried while resting my head on her chest, not caring that she was soaked in blood. She took a hold of my hand, I could feel the warmth of her hands run cold as she squeezed it tightly, while whispering “Take this where ever you go for guidance and protection, may the spirits watch over you.” She slid whatever was in her hand into mine, and gently let her hand fall back down to her side. She took her last breath and slowly began to close her eyes while she whispered a prayer before her body went limp. Her eyes soon laid shut; she was gone. I’m eighteen now, and have lived two years without the console of my mother.

Jappyalldayeveryday said...
This is really intense, keep writing!

KaylaMc716This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 24, 2011 at 2:07 pm :
thank you :)