New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Home > Novel (Fiction) > Sci-fi/Fantasy > The Afterlife of Faylene Harps

The Afterlife of Faylene Harps

Claire G.
The Afterlife of Faylene Harps
Summary: Faylene Harps' life is anything but a paradise. Her best, and only friend, Colt Brenner just happens to be in all major school sports, is smart, funny, and the hottest guy in the 11th grade. The only reason people her age talk to her is for her gorgeous looking best friend. Her athletics are amazing but her grades are not, so it could effect her athletic status in the long run. Fay's only family is her mother, whose never home long enough for Fay to even talk to. Lastly on top of all that, Fay constantly hears creepy noises, moans, footsteps, and taps. She never told a soul for fear of being called a freak. It was the type of thing that defined sanity, and insanity.

One day Fay received a note in her locker telling her to meet a group called "The bridges" at Skipton's most Notorious night club, the Afterlife, on Saturday at midnight. Obviously she refuses, thinking it's just another prank. However fate has other plans. . .

Now Fay is stuck in-between two lives. The life she's always known and despised, and the life she's always feared. Faced with a terrifying decision that Fay cannot answer, she risks the lives of everyone she loves. Can she make the choice in time to save the ones she loves most? Or will her indecision being about the downfall of not only her family and friends, but the whole entire organization of the bridges themselves.

love_writingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love this story!  One of my favorite pieces on teenink! P.S. I'm very new to this website and I'm wondering how long it takes for work to be published after you submit it.  Thanks. 

MeggieMillsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:12 pm:
Best story ever!!! Love it! Fay is the best!

CautionwetPaint said...
Apr. 13, 2012 at 6:56 am:

Hi everyone! Just want to let you know that the first five chapters of the sequel to this book is up on teenink. If you like this book then you'll definitely love the second!! :D here's the link . . .

TeenInk.com/novels/sci_fi_fantasy/book/93976/The-Afterlife-of-Beck-Lovett/

TinyclawThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 6:41 pm:
I love this book!! Have you started writing the second? If you haven't: START NOW!! If you have, can you post a link so i can find it? Pretty please? :P

CautionwetPaint replied...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 7:48 pm :

Thanks so much! The second book is actually still a work in progress. I have been so busy lately I haven't had time to write and keep up with other things also. However as soon as I am at least halfway through the second book I will definitely post it :) Do want me to post the link here once its up? 

TinyclawThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 5, 2012 at 6:57 pm :
yes please!! :DDD

CautionwetPaint replied...
Apr. 5, 2012 at 9:14 pm :
Okay, will do :) ps. The sequel will be up VERY soon. There are lots of surprises in it that you may or may not like . . . Keep your eyes peeled :D 

CautionwetPaint replied...
Apr. 13, 2012 at 6:58 am :
Hey, the first five chapters to the sequel of this book are up. Here's the link. I think I'm going to leave it up for a week or two then add more chapters to it. I really hope you like it! 

AnimaCordis said...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 5:34 am:
I got up to chapter eleven, and will read the rest later. I liked your writing style and the plot so far. Most of all though I liked Fay, I sort of wanted to give her a hug all the way though, because she just taks on these problems without meaning to. I love how she just struggles on, uncomplaining and a little comfused. I also thought you named your characters really well, I thought espitally 'colt' was an original name, and perfect for his character! I can't wait to keep reading (althoug... (more »)

CautionwetPaint replied...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 7:24 pm :
That's what I was going for in fay! :) and thanks so much! A friend of mine actually named Colt. I asked her for a good boy name, and she said Colt so I used it. :)

Moonlitnight said...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 10:11 am:
awesome plot and the i love the way you work the two different realities together! Great job! :)

Moonlitnight replied...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 10:12 am :
i havent finished it yet, but i was wondering, how long is it?

CautionwetPaint replied...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 2:07 pm :
Hey! Thanks for commenting! On teenink it's about 20 chapters, and on word it's about 60 pages, so it's pretty long. so take your time with it. You don't have to read it right away.

Moonlitnight replied...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 6:29 pm :
Cool! Ok, why wont TI let me post just that?! Why should a comment be at least 10 characters in length?? sorry. anyway, I really love this story and hope i can finish it soon :))

CautionwetPaint replied...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 9:06 pm :
Ikr! So annoying! and thanks! me 2 :)

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 8:42 am:
I'm not yet finished with this, because it's quite long, but I did want to say that the plot for this is amazing. I'm excited to keep reading. Some of your writing could be fixed up. It's all small things, like keeping in past tense, because you did change to present tense at a few parts. Also, the story goes really fast, especially in the beginning. I'd like to get to know the characters a bit more. Maybe that's just me. But remember to show it, don't tell the reader what the character is like.... (more »)

CautionwetPaint replied...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 2:07 pm :
Thanks so much!

DamonSalvatore1864 said...
This seems to have a really great plot, and I'm excited to see where you go...

CautionwetPaint replied...
Nov. 3, 2011 at 2:24 pm :
Thanks! again, you'll just have to wait to find out :)

RayBaytheDinosaurThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
this sounds really really cool, and while i like beck, i really hope Fay ends up with Colt =) lols I'm intrestted in knowing what happens next