Akina

Author's note: Sorry if there is a change in the writing style or grammer within this story...I wrote most of it...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Sorry if there is a change in the writing style or grammer within this story...I wrote most of it in 2007-2008 but picked back up on it in 2010.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »

Worst First Day

I opened one of the two large doors in front of the school. Inside there were walls that looked like they never ended, a ceiling that couldn’t be seen, three windows that went from the floor and disappeared into the dark ceiling, a white marble floor, and a lady that was staring directly at me.
“Hello. Are you Miss True? “The lady asked.
“Yes.” I answered.
“Welcome to Mellor Academy! I am Ms. Ural.” The lady said.
“Hello.” I replied.
“Follow me, I will show you to your room,” Ms. Ural said. I followed her down a hall that looked a lot like the entrance of the building, “This way.” She said as she led me down another hall. I followed her for a very long time.
“Here we are!” Ms. Ural said as we came up to a door. She knocked on the door, but no one answered. We went inside, “Miss Sakor… Miss Sakor… Where did that girl get off to? Oh well. You can set your stuff on that side of the room.”
“Okay.” I said as I walked over to the right side of the room and set my stuff down.
“The dresser, bed, and desk are yours. You may use them if you wish,” Ms. Ural said, “Everyone is about to leave breakfast. They will be coming to their room shortly to get their books for their first class. You can get situated till your roommate comes. She has the same schedule as you so she will show you to your classes.”
“Alright.”
“Good luck!” Ms. Ural said as she left.
Once she was gone I put on my uniform that was lying on my bed. It was a navy shirt, a navy and black checkered skirt, and black shoes. I put on my uniform; also I put on glasses and pulled my long hair into a bun so no one would know who I was, just in case they had seen me before. There was a lot of commotion outside to room suddenly and then the door opened. My roommate walked in. She was about my height, brown haired, brown eyed, and wearing the school uniform.
“Hello! You must be Sarina! I am Kaci! Nice to meet you!” My roommate said.
“Hello.”
“Is it alright if I call you Sarina?” Kaci asked.
“Sure. That is what most people call me.” I answered.
“Don’t we have the same schedule?” She asked.
“I believe so.” I answered.
“Okay! Then our first class is Science!” She said cheerfully. We left the room and went into the hall that looked like a sea of people. Kaci went through the hall like it was easy, while I tried to keep up with her. At one point she had to grab my arm so I could keep up with her. Finally we got to the end of the hall. “You will get good at it soon,” She said, “So why did you transfer in the middle of the year?”
“My parents couldn’t keep me so I moved in with my new mother.”
“So you’re an adopted child?”
“Yes.”
“Oh. Well do you like your new mother?”
“She is nice but usually never home…where is the Science room?”
“It’s right here.” She said as we came up to a large door. We went inside the room.
“Kaci! Kaci! Kaci! Come over here!” Five girls yelled from the back of the room.
“Come on.” Kaci said to me. She grabbed my arm and pulled me to the back of the room. “This is Sarina. She is our new student.”
“Hello!” The girls yelled.
“This is Annie, Bridget, Dana, Christina, and Rebecca. They are my best friends.” Kaic explained.
“Hello.”
“So where are………” Dana started to ask but got distracted.
“Dana. Are you alright?” Kaci asked.
“Look who is coming this way!” Dana said pointing at a group of twelve guys heading our way.
“Who is your friend?” One of the guys asked Kaci.
“This is the newest student to our school, Sarina! This is her first day.” Kaci said.
“Hi. I am Nick. This is Austin, Jake, Danny, Josh, Chris, John, Brendon, Sam, Will, Rick, and Brandon.” Nick said.
“Nice to meet you.” I said right before the bell rang.
“Alright children. Take your seats,” The teacher said. He looked at me since I was the only student still standing,” I see we have a new student. What is your name?”
“I am Sarina True.” I said bashfully.
“Miss True, you may sit in the last seat of row two.” The teacher said. I walked over to the second row and found my seat. It was in between Nick and a wall. “Now that that is settled, today we will be starting our new subject on the universe.”The teacher said.
Nick put a piece of paper on the desk in front of me.
“Hi” The note said.
“Hey.” I wrote back.
“I like your name. Its cool.” He wrote.
“Thanks” I replied.
“What room are you in?” He asked.
“142, You?” I answered.
“138. We are only 4 rooms apart. Cool.” He wrote.
“Yea, do you get what the teacher is talking about?”
“Yea, if you’re not doing anything after classes are over you can come to my room and I can catch you up.” He wrote back.
“I don’t know. I’ll come over about 5 p.m. if I can. Is that a good time?” I asked.
“That’s fine. Well we better pay attention before the teacher catches us. I’ll talk to you after class.” He wrote.
I put the note in my folder and tried to understand what the teacher was talking about. The rest of the class was good except I could feel Nick look over at me from time to time, which made me nervous. Then the bell rang. Kaci came over with her friends.
“What was that about?” Kaci asked.
“What?” I asked.
“You and Nick passing that note back and forth. What were you talking about?” Kaci asked.
“He said that he thought my name was cool and that he would be glad to help me catch up in the class.” I said
“What do you mean by that?” Dana asked.
“He said if I wasn’t doing anything after classes are over I could go over to his room and he would help me catch up, that’s all.” I said.
“Do you know he pretty much asked you out on a date? You are SO lucky!” Dana said.
“No. He just was being nice.” I said.
“Trust us. That is a date.” Kaci said.
“You have to go!” Annie said.
“Hey Sarina,” Nick yelled,” Could you come here for a second?”
“Just a minute.” Rebecca yelled back.
“What do you think he wants?” Kaci asked me.
“He said that he wanted to ask me something after class.” I said.
“I’ll go with you!” Kaci said. She walked next to me until we got over to Nick.
“Hey.”
“Hey.”
“So, what did you want to talk about?”
“What is your schedule? I wanted to see if we have any classes together.” Nick replied.
“Here.” I said, handing him my schedule. He looked at it.
“We have class 1, 3, 4, 5, and 7 together.”
“Then we’ll see you in third period!” Kaci said. Then she grabbed my arm and ran! She ran down the hall until we got to another big door.
“What did you do that for?!”
“You can’t like him!” Kaci yelled.
“Why not?”
“He is a bad person!”
“Why do you say that?”
“Trust me! Don’t like him!” She said as she started to walk away.
“I don’t like him.”
“Good.” Kaci said as she started to walk down the hall again. I followed. Once inside the classroom I could tell we were in English because of the posters about grammar hung around the room.
That class went smoothly. So, Kaci led me to our next class. We went down the hall to our next class, but in the middle of the hall Kaci grabbed my arm and pulled me to the side.
“What is it?” I asked.
“Look who’s waiting outside the classroom for you.” Kaci said. I looked over towards the classroom and saw Nick with his large group of friends. I turned away so he wouldn’t see me.
“Wow. He must really like you!” Kaci said.
“He might be waiting for someone else.”
“I saw the way he looked at you during class. He is definitely waiting for you!”
“Do you really think so?”
“Do you want to test it?”
“How are you going to test it?”
“Watch!” Kaci said. She walked over to the door and started to go into the room, but Nick stopped her. I saw him say something to her, she answered, she went into the room, and came out without her books. She walked over to me.
“Just as I suspected.”
“What did he say?”
“He asked where you were and if you were okay.”
“What did you say?”
“I said that you had to verify you house address with the front office and that you would be here soon.”
“Did he say anything else?”
“No…… Oh! We need to get to class! We have 30 seconds!” She yelled. We ran to class and got in the door just as the bell rang. Nick was staring at me but I tried to ignore it. Kaci went to her seat.
“Hello. Are you our new student?” The teacher asked.
“Yes. My name is Sarina True. It’s a pleased to meet you.” I said kindly.
“Once I had seen your records, I had no doubt that you were going to get the scholarship into our school!” The teacher said.
“Why did you see my records?” I asked.
“I was one of the three teachers who went through the records and tests to see who would get the scholarship! Also I saw that article about you, the prodigy who helped invent one of the first cancer machines!” The teacher said, “Anyway, you can take the second seat in the fourth row.”
“Okay. Thank you.” I said and took my seat. Nick’s seat was two rows behind me but I could tell he was staring at me.
The rest of the class went smoothly. Kaci ran up to me right as the bell rang and pushed me out of the door. “We need to get to our next class fast! Or he will catch up to us!” Kaci said.
“But we have our next class with him!” I said.
“I forgot about that,” Kaci said as she stopped running. We walked into another hall like the hall where our room was.
“Where are we?” I asked.
“We are in the Jr. Room hall. It is a short cut to our next class.” Kaci explained. There was another sea of people. There were people running, walking and talking to friends.
“Watch out!” A guy yelled while running down the hall. He ran into me and we both fell to the ground. Books flew everywhere!
“I am so sorry!” I said and started picking up the books I had dropped.
“It’s alright. Are you okay?” He asked kindly while picking up his books.
“Yes are you?” I asked.
“Yes,” He answered, “I don’t believe we’ve met. I am Sean.”
“Nice to meet you. I am Sarina.” I answered. I shook his hand.
“We need to go!” Kaci yelled, “He’s gaining on us!”
“Who is gaining on us?” I asked.
“Nick!” She yelled.
“Well, it was nice meeting you but I have to go!” I said as Kaci grabbed my arm and pulled me down the hall. Kaci ran very fast and pulled me behind her like a rag doll. She didn’t stop running until she got to another big door. She pulled me inside the room with her. The bell rang and she sat down in her seat. I went up to the teacher.
“Hello. I am the new student. My name is Sarina True.”
“Welcome to my class. You may sit in the first seat in the sixth row.” The teacher said. I went to my new seat and sat down. Nick was in the front row of this class, so he couldn’t look back at me without the teacher noticing. In a way, that class went smother than most. Since Kaci’s seat was only two away, she could easily get me. But as fate would have it, the teacher wanted to see her after class. So, Nick got to me.
“Hey.” He said.
“Hi.” I answered.
“What do you think of our school so far?”
“It’s a lot bigger and more crowded than my other school. “
“Is that a bad thing?”
“No. The bigger the school, the more of a chance.”
“What do you mean?”
“The more people there are the greater the chances at making friends are.” I said.
“I never thought of it that way.”
“New experiences have opened my eyes to new things.”
“You are really strange. Did you know that?” He said.
“Is that a bad thing?”
“No. I think it makes you different.” He said.
Kaci ran up. “Well it was nice talking to you but she’s got to run!” Kaci said to Nick as she pulled me away. Nick stood there shocked while we made a clean getaway. Going down the hall this time was not as hard as going through the sea of people but it was no walk in the park. We got to our class just as the bell rang. Kaci took her seat.
“Hello. Did you get the book we are reading from the front office?” The teacher asked.
“Yes! Its right here,” I said as I started looking through my books, but it wasn’t there! I know I had it when I left our room. So I made up a story, “Oh. I think I might have left it in my room. I am so sorry!”
“That’s fine. Bring it tomorrow. You may take the last seat in the fourth row.” The teacher said.
“What will I do when we use our books?”
“You can share with the person next to you.” The teacher said. I went to my seat, which was on the opposite side of the room from Nick’s seat. I didn’t know the guy I was sitting next to.
“Hi. I am Ulrick. You’re our new student, right?” The guy sitting next to me whispered.
“Yes. I am Sarina. Nice to meet you.” I whispered back.
“Now students, please turn to page 121 in your books.” The teacher said.
“Here,” Ulrick whispered as he slid his book in between us, “You can share with me.”
“Thanks.” I whispered back. The rest of the class was fine. Once the bell rang Nick and Kaci got to me at the same time, but Ulrick left.
“What are your plans for lunch?” Nick asked.
“I don’t know. You’ll have to ask Kaci about that.”
“What is she planning to do for lunch?” Nick asked Kaci.
“Nothing with you! That’s for sure!” Kaci yelled.
“I’d love to stay and chat, but I need to find my book.” I said. They didn’t even notice my absence. I left the room and went to the hall where I fell. I searched all over the empty hall for my book, but it wasn’t there. “Maybe I left it in my room.” I thought. So, I went through the halls of the school until I got to the hall, which my room was in. There was only one person in the hall other than me, an upperclassman. He was walking and looking at the names posted on the doors like he was looking for someone’s name. I tried not to bother him, so I walked quietly to my room and put the key in. But when I turned the key it made a loud noise! I didn’t look at the upperclassman, but I heard him footsteps coming closer to me.
“Excuse me. Do you know where Sarina’s room is?” The upperclassman asked. I turned around to see who the upperclassman was. It was the guy I had run into in the hall!
“Sean?” I asked.
“Hey! I didn’t recognize you! I think I might have accidentally picked up one of your books when I ran into you.” He said. He handed me my missing book from class.
“Thanks! It would have been really bad if I couldn’t find this!” I said as I accepted the book.
“You’re welcome! But, why are you in the hall? Shouldn’t you be in the cafeteria?”
“I was looking for this book.”
“Are you going to the cafeteria next?”
“Well, I don’t know where it is.”
“I’m heading that way. So, I will show you how to get there.”
“Thanks! I owe you one!” I said.
“Follow me,” He said. I followed him down many halls and then he stopped, “Here we are.” He said as he pointed to two large doors.
“Thank you so much!”
“Sarina …”
“What is it?” I asked.
“You said you owed me one, right?”
“Yes.”
“Then you can pay me back by letting me show you off to my friends at dinner.”
“Okay. Where should I meet you?”
“I’ll meet you at your room at 5:00p.m.”
“See you then!” I said as I opened one of the two big doors. I looked inside to see Kaci and Nick running around to each table and asking something. Everyone they asked shock their head to say “no”. They both looked worried so, I went up to both of them when they ran past each other, “What’s wrong?” I asked. They both stopped dead in their tracks and turned around to look at me.
“Sarina!” They both yelled as they ran towards me. Kaci threw her arms around me, jumped on top of me, and we both fell to the ground.
“What is the matter with you two?”
“I thought something happened to you! We were talking and then you were gone!”
I told you I was leaving but you didn’t notice!” I said.
“I thought one of the upperclassman had gotten a hold of you!” Nick said.
“I am fine. But, can you get off of me.” I said to Kaci.
“Oh, yea! Sorry!” She said as she got up. Nick held his hand out to help me up, but Kaci slapped his hand away from me and held out her hand. I accepted it, and she helped me up.
“Well, let’s get some food.” Nick said. We got in line and got food. Nick and Kaci got a lot to eat, and then we sat at a table.
“Why didn’t you get something to eat?” Kaci asked.
“With all of the excitement of the new school I’m not hungry.” I lied. The truth was that I don’t eat human food anymore, but if I told them they would think I was weird or anorexic.
“Well, I guess that is true.” Kaci said as she took a bite of a hamburger. I felt bad not being able to tell them the truth, but it is for their own safety.
“So, are you coming over to my room tonight, to study?” Nick asked. I looked at Kaci who was shaking her head to say “no”.
“I’m sorry Nick, but I have to meet someone tonight.”
“Who?” He asked.
“A guy at our school.”
“What’s his name?” He asked.
“You probably don’t know him,” I said, “So, what do you guys do on the weekends?” I asked, trying to change the subject.
“We can go off campus, study, or just hang out,” Kaci said,” Why do you ask?”
“Tomorrow is the weekend and I didn’t know if I was allowed off of campus.” I answered.
“Why are you going to go off of campus?” Kaci asked.
“I have to meet up with my Aunt. She wanted me to meet up with her, so she can make sure that I can stay here.” I lied. I have been lying my whole life, so now lies came out so natural that it was shocking.
“Can I come?” Kaci asked.
“Why?” I asked.
“I want to meet your Aunt. And I have nothing else to do.”
“Well, my Aunt isn’t exactly a people person. It might not be a good idea for you to come.” I said. The bell rang.
“I’ll see you in 7th period!” I said to Nick and waved as Kaci grabbed my arm and pulled me away. He waved back and smiled. “Good. He isn’t mad about me declining his offer.” I thought.
I followed Kaci to our next class. The bell rang and the teacher told me to sit by the window next to an empty seat. The class was very boring so I looked out the window most of the class. While I was looking out the window I saw someone hiding behind a bush. The person saw that I was looking right at them so the person hid and I never saw the person for the rest of the class. “It can’t be him. He couldn’t have found me this fast.” I thought.
“Are you just going to stare out the window and miss your next class?” Kaci asked.
“Why are you out of your seat?” I asked with a dazed look.
“The bell rang. So, are you coming to class or not?”
“Yea, I’m coming.” I said as I got up. I followed Kaci to our next class, which Nick was waiting outside of.
“Geez! Will he ever give up! I mean you said no to study with him tonight but he is still there!” Kaci yelled angrily.
“Let’s get to class.” I said trying to change the subject.
“What are you doing instead of going over to Nick’s?” Kaci asked.
“I have to pay back a favor.”
“Okay.” She said as we walked into the classroom as the bell rung.
The teacher of this class put me in the seat next to Nick. The class was hard because I couldn’t concentrate with Nick looking at me constantly. But, I also felt like someone else was watching me. The bell rang and I got up. Ulrick came over and talked to me.
“Hey.”
“Hey, do you think we could hang out in the city on Sunday?”
“Um… I don’t know. Can I give you an answer tomorrow at breakfast?” I asked.
“Sure.” He said and walked away.
“Let’s go. I don’t want to be late for dinner.” Kaci said.
“Okay. Are you coming Nick?” I asked.
“Yea.” He said. We went out of the door and down to the hall where our rooms are. The hall was a sea of people once more. Kaci grabbed my arm and pulled me through the hall behind her. We finally got to our door. We went in and put up our books.
“Are you coming to dinner?” Kaci asked.
“Well, I am going with someone else to dinner. Is that okay?”
“It depends… Is it a guy?” She asked.
“Yea. It’s the guy I ran into in the hall earlier today.”
“Oh. Well he doesn’t seem to be too crazy, so you can go. If you get uncomfortable just wave to me and I’ll get you out of there.” She said with a smile. She had changed out of her uniform and into regular cloths, which made her seem like a totally different person.
“Then I’ll see you later?” She asked.
“Yea.”
“I’ll be going then.” She said as she closed the door behind her.
I changed into jeans, my favorite light blue tank top, a dark blue jacket, and sandals. After that, I did my homework until there was a knock on the door. I opened the door and Sean was there.
“Hey.” He said.
“Hi.” I answered.
He looked at me from my toes to my head. He acted like I was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. “Once we get to my table you should probably stay as close to me as possible because any one of my friends will want to take you.” Sean said.
“Thanks for the tip.” I said smiling. His face got red. “Are you nervous, Sean?”
“A little.”
“Well don’t be. It’s not like we’re on a date or anything. We are just going to eat together, that all.” I said with a reassuring smile.
“I know that, but my friends will think I am on a date with you. So, it will be weird.”
“Who cares what they think. If they were your real friends they wouldn’t come to conclusions without knowing what was really going on, right?”
“Yea. Well let’s hurry or we won’t have a good place to sit.” Sean said. He took my hand and I followed him to the cafeteria. “What do you want to eat? I’ll buy dinner for you.” Sean said.
“I’m fine. You get your food and I’ll wait over here.”
“Are you sure?”
“I’m not a big fan of what they are serving.” I lied.
“Okay. I will be right back, so don’t let anyone get a hold of you while I’m gone.” He said. Then he went into the line while I waited.
“Hey! Sarina!” Nick yelled from the back of the cafeteria. I waved to him. He ran over to me and smiled.
“Hi.”
“Since it looks like you’re not doing anything…are you going to come over?”
“Um… Actually I…” I started to say when Sean walked up.
“Sorry it took me so long… Oh! Who is this?” Sean asked.
“This is Nick. He is one of my friends.” I answered.
“Who are you?” Nick asked.
“I’m Sean. Nice to meet you,” Sean said, “We better go… but it was nice meeting you.” Sean put his arm around my waist and we walked away from Nick, who looked furious that I was with Sean.
“Where are your friends sitting?”
“Over there.” Sean said looking over at one of the tables with upperclassman sitting at it.
“Sean…”
“Yea?” He asked.
“You might want to take your hand off my waist or they will come to incorrect conclusions.”
“Right!” He said as he took his hand off of me.
“Well, let go!”
“Kay.” Sean said as we walked over to his table.
“Hey, Sean! Who’s your friend?” One of the guys asked.
“This is Sarina. She will be eating with us.” Sean said.
“I don’t know about you guy but my day just went from horrible to great!” One of the guys said. And then they all started laughing. I just smiled, since I didn’t know what to do. So, I looked at Sean to see what he thought of what the guy had said. His face was as red as a fire truck and he looked furious!
“What do you mean by that?” Sean asked in his regular voice.
“That girl in F-I-N-E!” The guy from before spelled out.
“Well, don’t get any ideas.” Sean said in a normal voice.
“What will happen if I do?” The guy asked rudely.
“I kick your ass!” Sean yelled. He yelled that so loud that all of the tables went silent. Sean grabbed my hand and started walking towards the guy. He dumped all of his food on the guy’s head! “Let’s go.” He said softly to me. He walked out of the cafeteria and I followed. “Sorry about that guy.” He said.
“He probably didn’t mean anything by it.” I said.
“Yes. He did.” Sean said in a sad tone.
“It’s fine.”
“No. He shouldn’t have said that! He had no right to!” Sean said. I didn’t know what to say. Sean looked ashamed for some reason. I couldn’t think of anything I could say to make him feel better. “I can’t believe he said that!” Sean said.
“Don’t worry about it. I’m used to guys saying those types of things.”
“That isn’t a good thing, you know.” Sean said.
“What I mean is I’m used to ignoring that kind of stuff.”
“You are?”
“Yes, so please cheer up.”
“Okay. So do you want to go off campus and eat?”
“Is it allowed?”
“Yes, as long as we tell the office that we are leaving and will be back at curfew.” Sean explained.
“Then let’s go!” I said as I started to run then I stopped,” Where is the office?”
Sean laughed. “This way,” He said as he led me to the office. He told the lady at the office what we were doing and got permission to leave. Sean and I left the school grounds and went into the city.
“So, where are we going to go?”
“Have you eaten anywhere in the city before?”
“This is my first time in this city.”
“Really?”
“Yea. So, where have you eaten in the city?”
“I’ve eaten in at least half of the restaurants here.”
“Which restaurant is your favorite?”
“It’s over here.” He said as he took my hand and led me there.
“What type of food is it?”
“Italian.”
“What does Italian food taste like?”
“You’ve never had Italian food?” He asked in shock.
“No. Is it good?”
“It’s great!” Sean said. “Here we are!” Sean and I were standing in front of a restaurant that looked like it was very fancy.
“I’m not exactly dressed for this kind of place.”
“Oh! Nether am I!” He said, “Let’s go somewhere else.”
“Where?” I asked.
“Um…” He said while trying to think of something.
“How about here.” I said while pointing at a flyer for a carnival that was in the town. It said there was Food, Games and Fun!!!!
“That looks like fun.” Sean said.
“Then, let’s go!” I said as I started running. I stopped.
“What is it?”
“I don’t know where it is,” I said as I looked at the flyer again, “Which way is Tort Avenue?”
“This way.” Sean said as he grabbed my hand and took the lead. We walked all through the city because we made a wrong turn along the way. Then we finally got to the carnival.
“Wow! Everything’s so lit up!” I exclaimed. “So this is what he meant by ‘the carnival looks like the stars!” I whispered to myself.
“Who told you that?” Sean asked. I started to remember all about the guy who told me that. It made me sad when I thought of him.
“One of my friends from my old school.” I lied.
“Oh. So is this your first time at a carnival?”
“Yes.” I answered.
“Well let’s see what’s here.” He said as he took my hand and started to swerve between the people in the crowd and I followed. We went on all of the rides and played some of the games. Sean also ate carnival food and said it was the best carnival food he had ever tasted. I couldn’t help but think about the guy. I tried to hide my sadness from Sean but he could see right through my act. “What is the matter?”
“What do you mean?” I asked.
“You have been acting like you are hiding something from me ever since we go here.” He said while looking directly into my eyes.
“Nothing.” I said and looked away. I couldn’t stand lying to him when he looked at me like that.
“What’s wrong? You can tell me.” He said. He grabbed my waist and tried to turn me around so I would look at him, but I couldn’t! If I did I would cry and then I would have to explain who I really am or lie. And I didn’t want to do either. The only thing I could think of was to run away from him and this place that reminded me so much about that guy! So, I ran as fast as I could, away from him, towards the school. I could hear his footsteps getting closer and closer so I ran faster.
“I have to get him off my tail!” I thought. Then he grabbed my wrist! I tried to pull my wrist out of his hand but he wouldn’t let go. “Let go!” I yelled. He said nothing. He pulled me around so I was looking right at him. I couldn’t hold back my tears anymore! I started to cry. He hugged me and held me tight.
“Let’s go back to the school. You can tell me what’s wrong there.” Sean said. I nodded and we walked to the school. He walked me to my room. There was no one in the hallway. We went into my room.
“I’m sorry.”
“For what?”
“For making you worry…but I am fine. There is nothing to worry about.”
“I don’t believe that. I saw how you looked while we were at the carnival and that was not an ‘I’m fine’ look.”
“Well…” I couldn’t think of what to say next.
“So, what was the matter with you at the carnival?”
“That carnival was exactly like how my friend described carnivals. So, I started thinking of him and it made me miss him.”
“Him?” Sean asked in confusion.
“Yea. My best friend where I used to live was a guy.” I said sadly.
“Can’t you go see him?” Sean asked.
“No.” I said while trying to hold back my tears.
“Why?” Sean asked in confusion.
“He’s not…” I started to say as tears started running down my cheeks. I couldn’t say it.
“What? You can tell me.” Sean said.
“He…he…he was murdered.” I said softly as even more tears ran down my face.
“Oh. I’m sorry. I didn’t know.” Sean said.
“It’s fine.” I said softly as I brushed away my tears.
“No it’s not. I really am sorry.” Sean said while looking directly into my eyes. I didn’t know what to say. “What was his name?”
“Solomon.” I said softly.
“Oh.” Sean said, “I feel bad about this, so can I make it up to you by taking you out to lunch tomorrow?”
“Sorry, I can’t. I have plans for all of tomorrow.”
“Where are you going?”
“I’m…I’m…I’m going to Solomon’s grave tomorrow.”
“Oh.”
“Please don’t tell anyone! Especially not Kaci or Nick because I told them that I was going to see my Aunt tomorrow!”
“Sure. I won’t tell.”
“Thank you!”
“Well can I take you out to lunch on Sunday?” Sean asked.
“I have plans on Sunday, sorry!”
“Alright, then I’ll go back to my room.” Sean said as he left. I want to cry! I wish I hadn’t told Sean about Solomon! Since I told him it might ruin his life! What have I done!